Tax & spenders rejoicing across the land

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by LibertyTurns, May 7, 2018.

1. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

I told you all the Maniac’s policies & most recent tax bill was going to increase tax revenues. I told you all it was a big charade to mask the fact that he was going to outspend Obama and by a wide margin. So-called Conservatives didn’t believe me buying into the moderate media’s narrative that there were big tax cuts for all and the Maniac was really a fiscal conservative in sheep’s clothing. Liberals had a hard time breaking ranks with the lefty fake news narrative that the Maniac wasn’t slashing government pork, that he was a massive tax cutter that was going to drive us off the proverbial fiscal cliff in turn causing more pork reduction. Well the results are in:

Tax revenues +4%
    Government expenditures +5%

2017 inflation rate: 2.1%

The Maniac doubled down on taxes and managed to spend 2.5x inflation.

They just can’t help themselves. The lyin’ cheatin’ swamp rats would lie to their own granny to line their pockets with another buck & they spend like newlywed Wall St trophy wives with a new credit card. With the Maniac at the helm, a feckless Republican controlled Congress unable to keep him in check & the liberal Democrats egging him on I can’t imagine how much more we’re going to spend & how much more we’re going to raise taxes. Amazing.

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/reports/53821-mbr.pdf

CTJacket and bwelbo like this.
  2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Cutting tax rates once again increases tax revenue. Just like every other time.

3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

I blame the Republican Congress more than Trump for the spending. But none of this is new since the last spending bill was passed and signed “to prevent a government shutdown.”

It’s why the Dems were so giddy afterward. They still got what they wanted and are able to point the finger at the GOP for the deficit (they only worry about the deficit when in the minority.)

But yes. Congress is full of GOP panderers that don’t give a flip about deficit spending. And Trump doesn’t either.

GOP forgot to tell America they need the White House and a super majority to actually pass what they run on during election season.

bwelbo likes this.
  4. Whiskey_Clear

bwelbo likes this.
  5. Whiskey_Clear

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/7/rescission-package-donald-trump-demand-congress-cu/

A drop in the bucket but a sight better than Trump’s predecessors. Gotta give him a little credit here even though I thought the caved to soon on the last budget deal.

Drops = cups, cups = quarts, quarts = gallons. Not enough but we need to start somewhere.

Now wait and watch for the big govt libs to scream and howl about saving the environment etc. Scream and howl over drops in the bucket.

6. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I think you need to look at how the Senate rules require them to handle fiscal bills. I think you'll find that the Republicans don't have enough votes without Democratic support to pass anything by themselves. That means they must include tons of spending that the Dems require in order to vote in favor of the bill. Hence, the huge upsurge in spending. I blame the Democrats in the Senate.

7. Whiskey_Clear

Agreed. But when is the last time you saw them actually put up a fight for their (our) ideals? 1988?

That’s one of my problems with the GOP. They constantly get outworked and out flanked by the dems. And pretty much just bend over and take it.

MWBATL and bwelbo like this.
  8. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

True. McConnell could change the rules.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  9. TromboneJacket

TromboneJacket Ramblin' Wreck

I generally don't venture over here, but holy crap! The Democrats don't hold a majority in any branch of the government, and somehow it's still their fault. Mitch McConnell was recorded on video as saying his number 1 goal was to make Obama a 1-term president and did everything in his power to obstruct anything that so much as had approval from Obama. The GOP has been content to throw in their lot with Trump and they are willfully enabling him to do as he pleases. Just today, Trump kneecapped our ability to be trusted by any other country in making deals by backing out of the Iran deal, of which all parties were holding up their end except the US. To every other country in the world, we are now at most 4 years away from an administration determined to undo everything the previous administration did. And they're right; I wouldn't trust us either at this point. Every time Republicans do something corrupt to help their donors, you call them liberals. As a liberal, I wouldn't tolerate their behavior either, so don't lump them in with my side. And if you don't like your Republican representatives doing as they please, maybe convince them that running with an (R) next to their name isn't enough to secure an election by voting for a less corrupt democrat like Ossoff, who campaigned on a platform of having an actual plan to bring biotech jobs to Atlanta, only to be defeated by an opponent whose campaign was literally "Hurr durr, my opponent's a librul! Some random people in California like him, so that means you should hate him! Nancy Pelosi!"

All right, you can light me up now. I just needed to get that off my chest. Call me a dirty hippie commie or whatever, I've said my piece. Thank you, and Go Jackets!

10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Cheating is not part of the Iran deal. So no, they weren’t upholding it. This according to our own intelligence. The other countries that were a party of that deal refused to restructure the deal based on the latest intelligence. So Trump felt that he had no other choice then but to back out as our partners were intransigent

In terms of control of the government, without a filibuster proof majority, you can only do but so much. I agree the onus falls on the Republicans right now. So they should just shut the government down until they get their way. I would be fine with that, is that really is the only option. I am assuming that people with opposite politics would complain profusely about that. But you can’t have it both ways.

11. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

You're adorable, Rusty.

12. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

The "Republicans" in congress don't want to control spending. They like to spend just as much as the democrats do. Just look at W years. At least the democrats are honest in their intentions. The speaker is in the pocket of the Chamber of Commerce, handing out b1 visas like a house on Halloween

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The last year that Republicans ran Congress under Bush in 2006, the deficit for the entire year was $160 billion. We ran that almost every month under Obama and Trump.

14. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

I knew some reasonable people were out there lurking. On one of your points, if the policy of the United States going forward is to undo everything the previous administration did every time there is a regime change then we might as well just cut off talks with the outside world now because no one will work with us on anything. We are literally telling all of our allies right now that we don't care anything about you or any deals we have with you and we somehow expect for that to work out well for us in the long run. Its pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the next Republican President is a little more thoughtful and knowledgeable on diplomacy although it may not matter by then.

15. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Passing bad budgets is 100% right now on the Republicans & the Maniac. You’re correct, McConnell said he was trying to make Obama a 1 term President but the stooge seemingly did practically everything in his power to guarantee a second term. He folded like a cheap tent in every instance where he could have had a backbone & stood up for right & wrong. I’ll give him & Ryan 75% responsibility for poor budgets during Obama’s terms because they could have just shutdown the government & smoked him out. No balls. The fact they do not have a veto proof majority is their own fault. Maybe if they behaved like adults they would have solid majorities in both chambers?

People seem to think the Maniac is some sort of conservative. I don’t get it. Zero of his actions are that of a conservative, fiscal or otherwise.

Kneecapping our ability to be trusted? We’ve been mocked internationally for our flaccid leadership the last 8 years. Behind the doors internationally there’s widespread satisfaction at the US regaining a dominant leadership position. Without it as we’ve seen, the world is a more dangerous & chaotic place. Secondly, you do not hang onto a bad contract & let it bankrupt your company, you sever ties or renogotiate. I believe we’ve been so emasculated diplomatically there’s rampant anxiety over doing anything other than going on an apology tour or giving away the farm. Appeasement has never worked, never.

I’ll make a general statement on Republican misconduct. They step down and/or are jailed on a regular basis. I do not believe the same standard applies across the aisle. The evidence is what it is.

Not being from Ga, I really don’t know the local candidates. Wouldn’t surprise me if R’s nominated a stooge. It’s what the party has become.

16. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Aww, now that *is* cute. Every time the power swings in DC the new administration upends what the last one did. Up to and including removing W's from computer keyboards.

I just think it is so cute when liberals try to pretend they are the adults .

Our allies understand our system quite well and knew very well what it meant once Trump was elected. It would appear that neither the mainstream media nor Democrats listen very well, because all the man has done is....OMG, exactly what he said he was going to do when he campaigned!!!! I know that is a novel idea for liberals to grasp, since their method of campaigning is to lie through their teeth and once elected to slo each other on their backs and talk about how gullible the voters are and immediately shred every promise they made while campaigning. (You may remember things like "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." WOW) But there ya go.....

17. Whiskey_Clear

Go easy on the libs my friends. The last tattered remnant of the Obama regime is the ACA. And now that the mandate is gone the question of it being Constitutional even rises again. What will Roberts say now?

So in a little over a year, 8 years of horse dung executive actions are nearly completely undone. By a president the left loathes more than anyone in history. We should allow them some time to mourn.

18. TromboneJacket

TromboneJacket Ramblin' Wreck

Would you mind elaborating on how they were “cheating”? My understanding of the deal is that they agreed decrease their uranium enrichment facilities and not develop nuclear weapons, and we would allow them to develop nuclear power and drop sanctions. And we would be allowed to inspect and investigate to ensure that nuclear weapons are not being developed.

To my knowledge, all of that was carried out. None of the other countries involved in the deal, including France and Russia, are backing out, meaning that our sanctions now put us at odds with the EU, while not actually doing anything to prevent nuclear proliferation.

19. WreckinGT

Lol. You really like the word cute. I’m going to guess you are a 14 year old girl so I’ll try to explain things to you at a high school level. Backing out of agreements with our allies, especially non proliferation agreements, isn’t exactly a good thing to do if you hope to make any deals in the future. We are about to begin negotiations with North Korea. How exactly does our willingness to abandon any deal at any time help our negotiating position at all? You probably think Trump will just tweet about how big his Johnson is and NK will beg for mercy. That isn’t exactly how things work.

We have backed out of several major agreements now, basically shunning our allies, and isolating ourselves from the world. Trumps own cabinet and party members were against abandoning these deals but cheeto obviously doesn’t care. He only wants to make news , rile up his base, and erase anything with Obama’s name on it. It is pretty likely that he will not be able to make any major deals for the rest of his presidency now. The fact that republicans love this shows they don’t care about their country at all, they just want to make liberals mad because they are still throbbing from the horrible reality they had to endure under a black president.

20. WreckinGT

So you admit you don’t care about the country at all, you just want to erase the black guys record? Good to know.

smathis30 likes this.