Film Room Tax 18 Offense Slow Motions

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
51 and 99 didn't have to go far to line up for the next play since this was a 9 yard gain and they were driven 9 yards off the ball.
Marshall got just enough.
Slightly better timing/spacing between JJ and Clinton and this is a much bigger play.
15 played this about as well as you could play it in his position.
If we could've gotten a piece of 27 coming all the way from the backside, this is also a much bigger play.
Mills wouldn't have been a bad "option" either. I think if he had the ball he would've run through that tackle with more effort, might've even broken that tackle. Even if not, it would've been at least 4 yards.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I find interesting... The right tackle (Andrew Marshall I think) completely whiffed on his block of #34. The block attempt alone, though, was enough to alter the defensive player's attack angle so much that he could not make the play. I guess in this offense sometimes close does count. :)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I find interesting... The right tackle (Andrew Marshall I think) completely whiffed on his block of #34. The block attempt alone, though, was enough to alter the defensive player's attack angle so much that he could not make the play. I guess in this offense sometimes close does count. :)
Marshall did his job. In order to avoid being blocked, #34 had to dodge inside the block attempt which forced him off his line. This is where having speed at the skill positions forces D's to be close to perfect in order to stop plays. If Marshall hadn't forced him off his line, this could have easily been a TFL.