Tashard Choice named RB coach

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I actually like it more for the recruiting angle than the coaching. And that assumes he can do both. Having a former Techster, rushing leader, former NFL back, walking into the homes as still a young man whose name is still relevant can be a big plus. It won't beat Georgia's money, but it helps.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually like it more for the recruiting angle than the coaching. And that assumes he can do both. Having a former Techster, rushing leader, former NFL back, walking into the homes as still a young man whose name is still relevant can be a big plus. It won't beat Georgia's money, but it helps.

Yep. A guy that can relate to younger players and sell the vision as GT as a route to the NFL. Don’t be surprised if you see a few more ex GT NFLers hanging around the program as well, more so than the last 11 years at least

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yep. A guy that can relate to younger players and sell the vision as GT as a route to the NFL. Don’t be surprised if you see a few more ex GT NFLers hanging around the program as well, more so than the last 11 years at least
Oh, I don't know. A bunch of 'em worked or work out there in the off season, and when you can start with Johnson, Thomas, Mason ... that ain't chopped liver.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
https://n.rivals.com/news/top-10-assistant-coaching-hires-of-december

6. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech

Breakdown: Geoff Collins is building a staff from scratch at Georgia Tech and he reached into the school’s past to bring in former Yellow Jacket Choice as running backs coach. Choice is only five years removed from playing in the NFL, but is an Atlanta-area native with deep ties to the state and did a nice job with the running backs in North Texas' high-powered offense this past season.

Farrell’s Take: "A former star at Georgia Tech and a coach with NFL playing experience, Choice is a natural as a coach. He doesn’t have a ton of recruiting experience but I expect him to hit the ground running and be one of the bigger surprises in the ACC.”

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To late i played middle linebacker for 14 years.
I trust Choice to be able to see the "it" factor in rb recruits and our players.

What if he says
" I see "it" in B J Swilling. If the defense is going to a fast attacking defense (big safeties), can I have BJS try out in spring?"

What do u think?
I say give what could be great a chance.
Another Deddrick?

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually like it more for the recruiting angle than the coaching. And that assumes he can do both. Having a former Techster, rushing leader, former NFL back, walking into the homes as still a young man whose name is still relevant can be a big plus....

Agreed.

And isn't it funny how the better RB you recruit, the better coach you become?

Tashard KNOWS how to teach a back the mechanics and intracies of playing RB. Let's face it, it ain't like coaching a QB.

I welcome the 4-star RBs Choice will recruit during his time on The Flats.