Tariq Carpenter is a baller!

Yes, he is and maybe losing him in the USF game hurt us. Fact is our secondary and defense played much better yesterday. BJS really filled the holes and when Curry came in it really shut down. The one spot I have issue is still pass rush. We need to Rush at least 4 every time. When we dropped into a 3 man rush that QB had all day to throw.

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
I really like him and jalen Johnson. They both playing well in the secondary. Need more push up front and LB play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Agreed as well. His only error so far was saying during preseason that he thought we’d have one of the best defenses in the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Only want to add that true freshman 44 Jackson looked good in one play that saw.

Hope we let these athletes play more aggressively

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Where has Vic gone? Did he even play Sat? Between him and Brant going incognito...
You are right
Brandt has not been program cover worthy.

Last guy we had that could wait for ol and handle them was named ""Watts""(,?). he could plug the middle. Brandt is to lean to stand up and take them on.

Lets hope they change an assignment or 2 and he clicks ON.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tariq is a baaad dude. You can tell he's just a level above most of the guys right now.

Something crazy: The guy was actually a borderline 2/3 star recruit. The staff found a good one.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Tariq is a baaad dude. You can tell he's just a level above most of the guys right now.

Something crazy: The guy was actually a borderline 2/3 star recruit. The staff found a good one.
He was also waiting on an offer from Miami if I’m not mistaken. If they had offered, he might not be at GT, so I’m glad they didn’t.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Diamond in the Rough player.
Gentry Bonds
Kaleb Oliver
Avery Showell
All 3 of them safeties, all 3 of them rated higher than Tariq. I tried to tell people about the secondary coming in especially the S position. I hate to say this but I haven’t been able to tell AJ is gone yet. If only he was able to play this year and make the to switch to OLB.
Tariq is a NFL guy, I hope he stays at Tech for four years.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Gentry Bonds
Kaleb Oliver
Avery Showell
All 3 of them safeties, all 3 of them rated higher than Tariq. I tried to tell people about the secondary coming in especially the S position. I hate to say this but I haven’t been able to tell AJ is gone yet. If only he was able to play this year and make the to switch to OLB.

The Jack position is where we are missing AJ. I have a feeling that IF AJ was healthy he would be there by now, Vic would be inside and we'd probably be running a big package vs a rush package.

Deleted member 2897

He was also waiting on an offer from Miami if I’m not mistaken. If they had offered, he might not be at GT, so I’m glad they didn’t.

True - Miami strung him along as a back up offer and never came through. I’m glad that happened.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Gentry Bonds
Kaleb Oliver
Avery Showell

I may have missed something but has anyone heard anything about Gentry Bonds? He had a high rating and a long offer list when he came out.