Talked to a few GT players

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I remember now. Gilbert and Yandell went to GA State if I recall. And if I remember right it was more due to not being able to get into the grad school program at Tech to finish up their eligibility. Shaw ans Luallen both were down on the depth chart and left to see if they could get playing time. Smith to UCF for 1 year after 2 separate suspensions at Tech. Sims to UT Martin again, playing time issue. Moore, I don't know what his reasoning was. Didn't Dunmon leave after CPJ's first year?

So my memory failed me but even at that, did any of these players have anything negative to say about CPJ? They were released from their scholarships at their request and no restrictions placed on where they went. Eight players in six years, sounds like to me that CPJ's treatment of his players isn't any issue.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
More than 8, but it's not worth rehashing considering we agree on the part that it's not because of CPJ being personable. For the most part, it's been playing time/offensive scheme issues. I'm not sure any really had issues with CPJ besides maybe Holton, but that's pure speculation based on the quotes we were given on that situation.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
During the TV broadcast today Roof was cited as saying he choose CPJ just as much as CPJ choose him. Said that he wanted to partner with someone who cared about the players off field as well as on. Seems to me that maybe some, one, player may think he knows how to kick and doesn't need any instruction.

Who knows
haven't watched the dvr yet... will have to listen for that! that says a lot.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Collin Peek, DJ Donley. Donley tried to transfer and his grades weren't good enough. Peek transfer made sense.

Last edited:

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Greene might be at Ohio State but he will never play football there. He is not a serious student or athlete. He left after his freshman season and believe me he did not earn a Georgia Tech degree in one year, in fact I doubt he had many credit hours to transfer with.

Go Jackets1

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
Jeff Greene might be at Ohio State but he will never play football there. He is not a serious student or athlete. He left after his freshman season and believe me he did not earn a Georgia Tech degree in one year, in fact I doubt he had many credit hours to transfer with.

Go Jackets1

No credits are ok, classes are a waste of time at OSU. Those guys are there to play football.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
The difference is that Saban is an *** with national championships, 100k stadium and a fanatic fan base. If Saban didn't win Alabama would turn on him in a second, Johnson has been wallowing in mediocre football for 3 years now. Do you honestly think that Alabama would have kept saban if his records and Johnson were flipped? If Saban was 1-5, 1-5, 1-4 against some of their biggest rivals?

Alabama would have fired him during last year.

Dude...really? I shouldn't respond, but I feel like I have to. Your comparison is just that absurd.

You just credited Saban with 3 things, 2 of which literally have absolutely nothing to do with him, and 1 which has as much to do with the school as it does with him. Do you honestly think that if Georgia Tech had hired Nick Saban instead of Alabama, he would have won national titles? Hell no! He'd probably have won about 7-8 games/year with a couple upswings, just like PJ has.

Before you argue otherwise, look at Saban's results at Michigan State, the only school he's been at that doesn't have enormous advantages over its competition:

1995Michigan State6–5–1
1996Michigan State6–6
1997Michigan State7–5
1998Michigan State6–6
1999Michigan State9–2*

Looks very similar to PJ's results at GT, except PJ actually won his conference. Notice that Saban also lost all of his bowl games at MSU, and even MISSED a bowl one year.

Before you make comments like that, think about the context. Of course Alabama would have fired Saban. They expect to win and honestly there is no reason not to at that school. They'd fire Jesus if he didn't make the SEC title game in 3 years.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
[quvote="AE 87, post: 12781, member: 195"]Eric should be retweeting those. We have targets who have expressed interest in tOSU.[/quote]

I dont follow Greene and they will find out when they visit.