Talent Questions

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1. How far back do you have to go in Georgia Tech history to find a team with less talent than the current iteration?

2. How far back to find a pre-CPJ Georgia Tech team with less talent?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I don’t get the “we have no talent” argument. We are talented enough to play dah U down to the wire last year. We were talented enough to be in position to win 3-4 more games last year as well as today. We were talented enough to beat VT 3 of the last 4 years.

Just blaming everything on “no talent” is shortsighted IMO.

I don’t get the “we have no talent” argument. We are talented enough to play dah U down to the wire last year. We were talented enough to be in position to win 3-4 more games last year as well as today. We were talented enough to beat VT 3 of the last 4 years.

Just blaming everything on “no talent” is shortsighted IMO.
Nah there is some major talent problems on the front 7.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a horrible thread. Does this make you feel better somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is a question about comparing the state of our team to previous ones a horrible thread? Is it because you know the answer is mid 90s or mid to late 80s?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
How is a question about comparing the state of our team to previous ones a horrible thread? Is it because you know the answer is mid 90s or mid to late 80s?

No, it’s a pointless thread that seems to disrespect our SAs. Do you think someone is going to read this and say, Wow, Todd. GTSwarm says we haven’t sucked this bad since you played at GT. Something has to change.”?

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No, it’s a pointless thread that seems to disrespect our SAs. Do you think someone is going to read this and say, Wow, Todd. GTSwarm says we haven’t sucked this bad since you played at GT. Something has to change.”?

It’s pointless to discuss the state of the program? Why do we discuss anything on this board then? Stupid take.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our front 7, for most of PJ's tenure, except early on, has been subpar. I mean, MTSU, when they beat us a few years back, had a better front 7, and I dare say that a lot of non-P5 schools still do. We are not recruiting big, fast D linemen or LB's. When I say not recruiting, I mean we are not getting any of them generally. In my opinion, that was and is our biggest issue on D, not the coordinator or the system. On D, especially, it is about the jimmies and the joes.

I have said it for several years - give PJ the 4th string bammer D, and he competes for the NC.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Commenting on the "state of the program" and "not enough talent" is a far cry from "the whole program sucks" and "the talent we have sucks."

Did I say either of those things? I asked when we had a less talented team. The state of the program is the talent of the program and the leadership thereof. Quit obfuscating.