Talent level and where we place

3Bees

Georgia Tech Fan
We have good talent but clearly not great. Been this way for 50 years so not a critique on Johnson. Looking at top 25 I think we could beat or if things went our way early in the season be a team in top 15-25. I am not confident we could win from 14 down. Not bad overall but big difference in talent levels in top 14 and bigger problem playing a top 5 team.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I was doing a graph on this study

oUYtr.jpg

But forgot what the question was again .

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
More times than not, we achieve higher results than our recruiting ranking would suggest. But, I believe on the D side of the ball, the talent level has NEVER been this low, especially at LB.

True. CPJ is often credited with getting better results than his recruiting would indicate. Stansbury calls it “fighting above our weight.” Think of what we’d do with top 25 talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thought that was Holyfield but had to look up his number to be sure.

https://georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?roster=1058&path=football

Then I laughed pretty hard at just how many jersey numbers are repeated for offense and defense...some numbers are assigned to 3 players even. I’m pretty sure the primary reason for this is the large percentage of players and fans that can’t count without using fingers and toes. Those big numbers get hard for them to keep track of.