Take that 680 the dwag.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Apparently yesterday 680 was talking about how GT should be recruiting just as well as the dwags. This little info was brought up during Paul Johnson's press conference today that our flagship station was saying this. This is not a direct quote, but Paul responded that 680 should be better than 750. He ended by saying "I didn't know we had a flagship station". :LOL:
I'm sure the whole interview will be up on Youtube soon!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Apparently yesterday 680 was talking about how GT should be recruiting just as well as the dwags. This little info was brought up during Paul Johnson's press conference today that our flagship station was saying this. This is not a direct quote, but Paul responded that 680 should be better than 750. He ended by saying "I didn't know we had a flagship station". :LOL:

LMAO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I listen to a few minutes of 680 during my commute between 6:15 and 7AM when my other station is on commercial break and a few minutes right before noon. And I have for years. They have always touted themselves as the "Official Sportstalk Station of the Dawgs". Today was the very first time they have ever said "...Sportstalk Station of the Jackets and Dawgs". Maybe the AA had a little talk with 680?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I listen to a few minutes of 680 during my commute between 6:15 and 7AM when my other station is on commercial break and a few minutes right before noon. And I have for years. They have always touted themselves as the "Official Sportstalk Station of the Dawgs". Today was the very first time they have ever said "...Sportstalk Station of the Jackets and Dawgs". Maybe the AA had a little talk with 680?

I was listening for a bit on Monday afternoon. Buck Belue was giving an analysis of the game, cautioned that uGa could have trouble with their ILBs against Tech. We're always a tough opponent. CPJ will have our guys ready to play. Buck comes by his homerism honestly (obviously), but he's always respectful of our team and has good things to say about CPJ. He'll smack talk the Institute, but it's always clear it's tic.

His d-bag partner on the other hand... He's a Temple grad/Philly fan who always jumps to be the squeaky wheel of whatever bandwagon is going through town. He was talking up Tech: that the 17pt line was very rich, Tech is playing really hot, threw out stats about our offense and rushing... Buck says 'sounds like you're a Tech man now John'. D-bag says, sarcastically, "I got the Memo from management. 'Try to be balanced'" [said like a whiny teenage girl].

So, yeah, I think maybe the AA had a discussion about our relationship with 680. If so, at least we're trying now. Always, pretty embarrassing when our 'Flagship' to spends their time pandering to the dwags and bashing/dismissing/mocking Tech.

I guess it's shtick, but their afternoon shows spend half their time bashing their own management and co-workers, half their time bragging about how drunk and stupid they were last weekend, and just the remainder actually talking about sports. That's what should be embarrassing for them.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened briefly to 680 yesterday and they almost choked over their words when describing the coach of the year award as the Bobby Dodd COTY award. It's like they were ashamed of it. Just confirmed further why I don't listen regularly.