Tad

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Under control may be giving it a little credit. He was out of his mind but he was also red hot. The shot to end regulation was ill advised. Have to do better there. But he is fun to watch when he's feeling it.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Under control may be giving it a little credit. He was out of his mind but he was also red hot. The shot to end regulation was ill advised. Have to do better there. But he is fun to watch when he's feeling it.
I'll never understand the aversion to the two for one in college basketball.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like Pastner is being tough on him by not having him start, speaking on how he needed Tadric to do better,etc. Tough love if you will. Tadric is improving and hopefully he will eventually play up to his level of talent every game but he is talented.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's probably the most talented player on the roster, but he doesn't play up to that talent level much of the time.
Part of the issue is that he has not been a strong student of the game, some of it is not putting forth consistent effort.
Interesting that Pastner told him after TN that if he didn't start playing harder he was going to bench him for good.

Hopefully this sparks a Eddie Elisma type conversion in him, but time will tell.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tadric Jackson is ‘good enough to be an All-ACC player’
When Georgia Tech played Alcorn State Sunday afternoon, guard Tadric Jackson wore a bandage over his right eye. To coach Josh Pastner, it was an emblem of valor, a reminder of a cut that Jackson opened up by diving to the floor for a loose ball in practice.

“He had blood coming down and guys were clapping and wanted to carry him off like we’re the Super Bowl champs,” Pastner said. “Because he’s never done that. But that was a great step for him.”
“Tadric’s good enough to be an All-ACC player,” Pastner said last week. “He’s talented enough to be a high-level guy.”

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Why does corey heyward ever get minutes that could go to tad?
or, why doesn't our best lineup start?

Probably has something to do with Tadric having twice as many turnovers than Corey. Heyward averages a turnover every 29 minutes played. He's a nice steady hand for us.

Jax averages a turnover every 16 minutes played

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You tend to see Corey when things are feeling like they are getting out of control and the focus is lacking. He tends to be a steadying influence on the court - good at getting the team to calm down and execute.

Basically he will play good defense (which TJ sometimes forgets to do) and takes care of the ball.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
The suggestion that it's about defense and "steadiness" makes sense.

But the raw turnover diff is attributable more to their usage than their turnover propensity.
Turnover Per 100 plays
Corey: ~19
Tad: ~11

Usage Per Possession:
Corey's: ~9%
Tad: ~25%

Seems like Tad is used more when we need points and Josh/Lammers isn't working. His high usage has to pull from either of them.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The suggestion that it's about defense and "steadiness" makes sense.

But the raw turnover diff is attributable more to their usage than their turnover propensity.
Turnover Per 100 plays
Corey: ~19
Tad: ~11

Usage Per Possession:
Corey's: ~9%
Tad: ~25%

Seems like Tad is used more when we need points and Josh/Lammers isn't working. His high usage has to pull from either of them.

When I watch the game, and tadric has the ball I see a ton of athleticism and someone who's dying to use it.

When Corey has the ball I see us run offense and I see us play better defense on the other end.
Time and place for everything.