T Stan... your opinion on his job performance to date.

T Stan... your opinion on his job performance to date.

• Total voters

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am confident if beer doesn't happen, it won't be Tstan's decision.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Agreed on the beer portion, however I said beer garden.

Take some seats out of the upper north and put in a beer garden. Only serve beer that GT alumni own like Second Self, Southbound, etc.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
for some reason. in my minds eye this is how i see T Stan......

gcJZDQWTyV1ha8vcTwb2LtK-FeGYmrMAnwSfRLnSssRiWmF2nOWzynWDIGy88yA9aNfe=s85

slugboy

Staff member
Agreed on the beer portion, however I said beer garden.

Take some seats out of the upper north and put in a beer garden. Only serve beer that GT alumni own like Second Self, Southbound, etc.

Beergarten would be nice. We have some weird hurdles because of grandfathered code exceptions, so remodeling can be tricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Beergarten would be nice. We have some weird hurdles because of grandfathered code exceptions, so remodeling can be tricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's only an issue in the west stands and the upper east. The rest of the stadium was essentially built to code in 2003.

Been a while but I read somewhere they were moving the students out of the south stands... that seems the likeliest place to do it.

MostDefinitely

Georgia Tech Fan
I like where things are headed. Just having someone who is enthusiastic and willing to try new things is a huge step up from where we were.

But TBH - I don’t think the football coaching search process was handled very well.

I think we landed the right guy - so I’m quite happy with the outcome, I’m just not sure we handled the process as well as we should: offering Whisenhunt without considering other candidates was a mistake. To my understanding, Whiz was the 1st interview and was essentially offered the job on the spot.
Just curious, do you know that stuff about Whisenhunt for sure or just a rumor? If that's true, I'm right there with you. Glad we got the right guy in the end though.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I’m one of the C’s for that very reason.

There’s some good- fundraising, some initiatives ie MB rent out-CHOA-recruiting campaign & possibly Head football coach hire plus staff: all 3 too early to rate an A or A+ but early signs encouraging

There’s some ok: Some new coaches in non-revenue sports, MBB coach (jury out), handling CPJ’s departure, gameday atmosphere improvement

There’s some maybe not good: Budget woes & debt management, WBB coach dismissal, Season ticket office annual fiascos, bowl selection, NCAA mistreatment of program, Noon football games in Sept, Thurs night home football games, Hill support of athletics: some of these may never improve, some increasingly thorny

Some completely TBD- Beesball
Some of the “not good” an AD has no control over and no AD in the country could fix in 2+ years. A bit unreasonable I think.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Some of the “not good” an AD has no control over and no AD in the country could fix in 2+ years. A bit unreasonable I think.
Didn’t say he should have fixed the budget for example but characterized it was maybe not good. You have a budget and a debt problem. You engineer a departure and increase spending to upgrade the incoming staff, good move. You spend every bit of rainy day fund plus about $3M. This good move can turn out 3 different ways:
a. Works spectacularly and he’s an A+. Cheering everywhere on the Flats for such a brilliant strategy.
b. We end up in the same place (no different results) but with higher risks due to higher costs and an equivalent increase in revenue so it’s a wash. Malaise, complaining, more of the same.
c. We tank and it’s a disaster. Higher costs, lower revenues, poorer performance. We lose a decade and a half in the process. How crippled are we becomes the question and where’s the golden egg to bail us out now?
That’s why I say maybe. We will not know until we know and by then it will be too late.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t say he should have fixed the budget for example but characterized it was maybe not good. You have a budget and a debt problem. You engineer a departure and increase spending to upgrade the incoming staff, good move. You spend every bit of rainy day fund plus about $3M. This good move can turn out 3 different ways:
a. Works spectacularly and he’s an A+. Cheering everywhere on the Flats for such a brilliant strategy.
b. We end up in the same place (no different results) but with higher risks due to higher costs and an equivalent increase in revenue so it’s a wash. Malaise, complaining, more of the same.
c. We tank and it’s a disaster. Higher costs, lower revenues, poorer performance. We lose a decade and a half in the process. How crippled are we becomes the question and where’s the golden egg to bail us out now?
That’s why I say maybe. We will not know until we know and by then it will be too late.
...and so...he should have done what? I actually give him an A for not being afraid to make a move. Now he needs to rebuild our finances which he is working on. Different perspectives I guess.

LibertyTurns

Banned
...and so...he should have done what? I actually give him an A for not being afraid to make a move. Now he needs to rebuild our finances which he is working on. Different perspectives I guess.
I must not be clear. I’m not saying he’s wrong, I ‘m saying we have no idea if he’s right YET.