T Stan... your opinion on his job performance to date.

T Stan... your opinion on his job performance to date.

• Total voters

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Our football program is in a state of flux but has momentum.

Our basketball program is in the crapper.

Our baseball program has made a few decent moves but still hasn’t done much in a decade.

Our golf team keeps crapping out in the NCAAT. Men’s tennis looks poised to take a step at least.

Not sure how he can get an A yet. Made some moves that we think are good, but hasn’t won anything of note in any sport. And right now he’s the face of all the Adidas apparel frustrations (warranted or not). It pretty much all rests on whether CGC is winning big by year 3, but for now I’ll give him a B for some decent hires and saying the right things.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'd say a B overall. I'm largely judging on the football hire, as the other stuff has been good but nothing particularly standoutish one way or another to me. From the football hire I think he had an obvious plan, and he was able to make it happen. Only reason it isn't an A is because while the plan is good there is still work to prove that it was the right plan. If an A would be a homerun, I'd say he's pulled off a leadoff double, and sacraficed the runner to third. Good chance that we bring the run across, but still needs to happen. I think I might have veered a little off track....

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Our baseball program has made a few decent moves but still hasn’t done much in a decade.

Our golf team keeps crapping out in the NCAAT. Men’s tennis looks poised to take a step at least.

Not sure how he can get an A yet. Made some moves that we think are good, but hasn’t won anything of note in any sport. And right now he’s the face of all the Adidas apparel frustrations (warranted or not). It pretty much all rests on whether CGC is winning big by year 3, but for now I’ll give him a B for some decent hires and saying the right things.
Not to derail... but is winning the regular season Coastal division, making ACCCG, & hosting a regional as #3 national seed in baseball... not winning something "of note"? You're right not much for baseball over the last decade, but the best season in a decade came in his 2nd year as AD.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I don't think a B is unreasonable at all. But, I don't think he should have been expected to really win anything yet. He inherited Bobinski's parting gift of Josh Pastner and can't realistically do anything to right that ship for 1-2 more years. With Adidas, I'd say the uniforms have been great. The fan gear has been underwhelming, but I'm not sure how much pull he has there. He did manage to get the block T hat made. B is fair, but I'll give him the A-minus based on what he's realistically been able to do. I can't think of any actual missteps yet.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He accepted the job ( announced ) at half time of clemson 2016.
Iirc, Score for them 23 and rushing yards for us 25.

He came on to field w cpc in early pregame and was a hands on boss.
When team came out he left tge sideline immediately.
Hope to heavens he can show new prez the value of gt football.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
A+ ,,,even if he falls on his face! He has been instrumental in changing things at Tech.... His predecessors were pitiful and drug us down! He came in, supported CPJ then hired probably the best guy available that we could afford... If it works...,great! If not,, he had the cojones to go for it!! Is he perfect, NO! But he's Tech man through & through.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
A. It would be A+, but he probably should have bought Michelle Joseph out. Hard to swallow, but probably cheaper that Lawyer costs, publicity and maybe even court ordered payment.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Too early to tell. New ADs always get a honeymoon period. Then they do something that ticks people off (it's their job, you know) and we see how good they actually are. I've been impressed with TStan, but I won't give him a grade until … oh, next year, maybe.

slugboy

Staff member
A. It would be A+, but he probably should have bought Michelle Joseph out. Hard to swallow, but probably cheaper that Lawyer costs, publicity and maybe even court ordered payment.

Hard to know to what degree a buyout was or is possible. The two sides could be far apart in what they think is fair, or one or both sides might not be interested in settling.

I have my suspicions, but no inside scoop.

He had some creative ideas for fan appeal at Bobby Dodd, but those appear to be on the back burner. He’s done a lot for fundraising.

Gut feel, I think it’s a B+ at the “midterm”, but most of the grades are yet to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Too early to tell. New ADs always get a honeymoon period. Then they do something that ticks people off (it's their job, you know) and we see how good they actually are. I've been impressed with TStan, but I won't give him a grade until … oh, next year, maybe.
I’m one of the C’s for that very reason.

There’s some good- fundraising, some initiatives ie MB rent out-CHOA-recruiting campaign & possibly Head football coach hire plus staff: all 3 too early to rate an A or A+ but early signs encouraging

There’s some ok: Some new coaches in non-revenue sports, MBB coach (jury out), handling CPJ’s departure, gameday atmosphere improvement

There’s some maybe not good: Budget woes & debt management, WBB coach dismissal, Season ticket office annual fiascos, bowl selection, NCAA mistreatment of program, Noon football games in Sept, Thurs night home football games, Hill support of athletics: some of these may never improve, some increasingly thorny

Some completely TBD- Beesball

Deleted member 2897

Our baseball team hasn’t done much in a decade? They were the #3 team in the country LOLOLOLOL. You lost me that quickly.