swilling

Do you remember when we played ND, Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, and UGA every year? And we would throw in a game against USC, or Michigan St, or Pitt? I do.
The only time we have ever played all those teams in the same year were in the 70s, and we didn't play UT all those years, but yes, in spite of not having particularly good records in those years, that was some awesome scheduling.

GT_EE78

Banned
In the early 70s, our big rivals were Tennessee, Auburn, and, of course the bullpups!! Clemson was considered a win, plus any Fla team was considered an easy game!
How times have changed!!
One was even affectionately called Half a## U. they couldn't afford to pay for their band to travel then. so members paid their own way(school still wouldn't let them borrow their uniforms).They were a good band

One was even affectionately called Half a## U. they couldn't afford to pay for their band to travel then. so members paid their own way(school still wouldn't let them borrow their uniforms).They were a good band
Back in the 60s, FSU was the circus school, because of their ties with Ringling Brothers Circus, and they brought their circus to Atlanta to perform at halftime. They always put on a damn good show. They were better then than their football team....LOL

LibertyTurns

Banned
Back in the 60s, FSU was the circus school, because of their ties with Ringling Brothers Circus, and they brought their circus to Atlanta to perform at halftime. They always put on a damn good show. They were better then than their football team....LOL
Off topic but FAMU next door to the free seafood people have a damn good band. They’re not thieves and derelicts either like their neighbors.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I remember seeing the students perform their circus act at Callaway Gardens in the summers in the early-mid 60's.

Did we play them when Perdoni was here? I seem to remember them being here at that time while I was selling Cokes and Programs as a kid. Yes, we'd beat them regularly back then. Then along comes Bowden and the shoes.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Off topic but FAMU next door to the free seafood people have a damn good band. They’re not thieves and derelicts either like their neighbors.

First job out of Gt was in the Tallahassee area. Bowden was just cranking things up at FSU so their games were always a 51 - 48 run up and down the field circus.Always easy to get tickets because they had not become the powerhouse team they became after Coach Bowden decided he needed to play defense too.
Also went to Rattler games. Like most who attended, the band was the real draw although they had decent FB as well. Loved the green and orange look way before the U started copying them.

GT_EE78

Banned
I remember seeing the students perform their circus act at Callaway Gardens in the summers in the early-mid 60's.

Did we play them when Perdoni was here? I seem to remember them being here at that time while I was selling Cokes and Programs as a kid. Yes, we'd beat them regularly back then. Then along comes Bowden and the shoes.
They were good.i also saw them at callaway gardens.lived near there in the sixties.

I think we played them when Perdoni was at Tech, and yes, Bowden brought the good days for Tech to an end.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
First job out of Gt was in the Tallahassee area. Bowden was just cranking things up at FSU so their games were always a 51 - 48 run up and down the field circus.Always easy to get tickets because they had not become the powerhouse team they became after Coach Bowden decided he needed to play defense too.
Also went to Rattler games. Like most who attended, the band was the real draw although they had decent FB as well. Loved the green and orange look way before the U started copying them.
I went to an FSU hosting Auburn game around 1975. I think they won a game or two that year. We went in and sat wherever we liked.

TechPreacher

Banned
The Coastal is by far the most competitive. Remove Clemson and they are rather weak. Louisville and a dumpster fire FSU is all they have. The Coastal has the higher floor but lower ceiling. UNC, VT, Miami, and Pitt all can win 8+ games. We are on our way up as well. Give me the coastal any day over the Atlantic. Notre Dame would have to go to the Atlantic if they ever joined the ACC. That or we give them VT and we take ND. I'd love to play ND every year with Clemson and UGA. It would be a big win for recruiting.

If ND joined, they would want to be in the Coastal with the more academic schools.