swilling

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It is good to be this deep at DB. But dayam - Tre, Clayton, Gibbs...these guys are stars.
Clayton is probably out at least until the Clemson game. I hear Gibbs is back this week.
Tre is the unknown. Could be boot and covid issues. Not sure whats going on with him.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
All I am hearing is we didn't have some of our best defensive players against FSU (I didn't realize this) so that means our defense is going to be scary good when those fellows come back.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
All I am hearing is we didn't have some of our best defensive players against FSU (I didn't realize this) so that means our defense is going to be scary good when those fellows come back.
Combine that with adjustments and 1st game jitters being worked out? 👀👀👀

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not ready to call our defense scary good after the FSU game. That's a bit of a projection after beating a below average FSU team.
Let's get a couple of games into the season before we call us scary good or FSU below average. Right now, all we know is we held FSU to 13 points and they missed a lot of positive-yard plays. We made a lot of plays. Let's see how we (and they) do against another couple of teams. I'd say we'll know where we stand after our first 4 games.

Sure would prefer the bye week after the Louisville game, not before it.

Deleted member 2897

I'm not ready to call our defense scary good after the FSU game. That's a bit of a projection after beating a below average FSU team.

People like to blather about how much better the Atlantic Division is, but it’s not. Other than Clemson, we’re something like 13-1 in our last 14 games. I think FSU is talented and will win most of their games against the lower half teams, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go like 6-5. They were picked 7th in the ACC in the preseason so that seems about right. If we want to be top 5 or 6, it’s okay to only beat bad and average teams. Nothing wrong with that. Each week is another datapoint. We still won’t know what we have even after this week, but it will be more data for sure.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our defense will need to be coached well and stay relatively healthy to compete against really strong offenses, especially those with a great dual threat QB and downfield accuracy. We are improved, and I sure like the coaching and the effort on Saturday, but we aren't ready to "dominate" a top 15 offense just yet. :)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
People like to blather about how much better the Atlantic Division is, but it’s not. Other than Clemson, we’re something like 13-1 in our last 14 games. I think FSU is talented and will win most of their games against the lower half teams, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go like 6-5. They were picked 7th in the ACC in the preseason so that seems about right. If we want to be top 5 or 6, it’s okay to only beat bad and average teams. Nothing wrong with that. Each week is another datapoint. We still won’t know what we have even after this week, but it will be more data for sure.
The Coastal is by far the most competitive. Remove Clemson and they are rather weak. Louisville and a dumpster fire FSU is all they have. The Coastal has the higher floor but lower ceiling. UNC, VT, Miami, and Pitt all can win 8+ games. We are on our way up as well. Give me the coastal any day over the Atlantic. Notre Dame would have to go to the Atlantic if they ever joined the ACC. That or we give them VT and we take ND. I'd love to play ND every year with Clemson and UGA. It would be a big win for recruiting.