swilling

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember seeing the students perform their circus act at Callaway Gardens in the summers in the early-mid 60's.

Did we play them when Perdoni was here? I seem to remember them being here at that time while I was selling Cokes and Programs as a kid. Yes, we'd beat them regularly back then. Then along comes Bowden and the shoes.

I saw the Fla State circus at Callaway Gardens also. May have been '62 or '63? Every Saturday I would take my am transistor radio to my bedroom and listen the Jackets!
I remember Rock Perdoni, Lenny Snow and others.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I saw the Fla State circus at Callaway Gardens also. May have been '62 or '63? Every Saturday I would take my am transistor radio to my bedroom and listen the Jackets!
Rock Perdoni was AWESOME! I remember Notre Dame simply couldn't believe they couldn't move him and they kept running up the middle on 4th down plays and he kept stuffing them. Our offense couldn't do anything, but it wasn't until the 4th quarter that Notre Dame gave up, ran away from Rock, and went on their game winning drive. I think that game ended 10-7.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It may have been mid-60's for me at Callaway. They were pretty entertaining to a 10 year old.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Rock Perdoni was AWESOME! I remember Notre Dame simply couldn't believe they couldn't move him and they kept running up the middle on 4th down plays and he kept stuffing them. Our offense couldn't do anything, but it wasn't until the 4th quarter that Notre Dame gave up, ran away from Rock, and went on their game winning drive. I think that game ended 10-7.

I remember that game. It seem like Rock made the tackle everytime Notre Dame ran inside.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Anyways back to Swilling. Disappointed he Isn’t ATL still. Looking forward to seeing him play this season

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess is the guys out hurt this week will not play next week either (at Syracuse) The reason is we have a bye week after Syracuse and the October schedule is tough. Louisville (much improved), Clemson and Notre Dame are 3 October home games where we will likely be underdogs. So having our full contingent of players will be crucial.