Sweeting performing well

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all may have noticed my frustration on other boards over the misuse of Rod Sweeting while he was here. Looks like he's showing the Saints the talent that he showed in flashes for us. I hope that they are able to utilize his skills and I'm glad to see that he has a good grasp of his strengths. I hope to see him always line up within 5 yards of the LOS.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/07/rod_sweeting_tops_observations.html

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
When I brought up Sweeting's name to defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Wednesday, he said, "Good eye. I'm telling you, all you have to do is keep (your eyes) open and that kid jumps off. And when the pads came on, this guy's getting better."
Good stuff. Admittedly, I haven't been keeping track of the guys that left but I remember more than a few hits by Rod that made the crowd go "oooooooooh" cause it looked like it hurt for the other guy.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite hit of Sweeting's was his slam dunk of Jeff Greene during spring practice...full body slam when they got into it after a play. Take that to OSUck with you, Greene.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That's a nice article and suggests that Tech still produce Tech men: tough, hard working, able to learn. Ma Tech will humble you but if you make it through, nothing can stop you. That's the message we should be getting out to NFL teams, a message that a lot of employers in other fields already know. Tech graduates are value-added employees.