Survey for BDS

LibertyTurns

Banned
Looked like they are just trying to see where "the line in the sand is..." or judge how much pain the market will bear.

Have been in some of those pictured places, most recently at DKR-M in Austin, and it adds quite a higher level to the in-venue experience.

From the gripes, moans&groans, et al I've read on various sites, these types of facilities & food services upgrades are what you have been wanting.

But, just like the recently completed AI2020 fund drive, TStan's looking to the ticket buying fan base to tip that delicate balance of "Wants" vs "What I'm willing to spend for what I Want" to stadium upgrades without doing a Dave Braine(less)/DRAD oversell/overdo/overhaul.

Just my $.02 worth.
We float these ideas & some say great, other instantly start complaining about pricing. For a bunch of millionaires we sure are a damn cheap bunch.

Milwaukee

Banned
I’m all in on the Midtown Membership Club. I like sitting up in the nosebleeds (I love the skyline view) but access to that Club area during, pre, and post game has me all in on that.

I also suggested they create an adults only area terrace. 21 and up; no small children, babies etc even when accompanied by an adult. Serve booze in there, set up a sports bar vibe with TVs showing all the other cfb games and then have a view of the game in front of us on the field as well.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
That's about a $1,000,000 loss each against UG, CU and ND.
That is true. 100 a ticket for 10,000 seats. I think having 48,000 every game would be above the norm and it could balance out the one potential game of 56,000. Maybe Tech has most the ND and Clemson games at MBS. I’m pretty sure last years ND was supposed to be there and we have one there against Clemson coming up.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Love the survey. Absolutely love that they are testing the waters to see what GT fans are willing to pay for as opposed to what they "want" ( we all want free stuff, but c'mon, man!).

My own preferences are not the same as others on here have expressed. I have been in end zone suites and couldn't stand the view. Give me my seats on the 40 yard line any day of the week. This survey gave me the chance to express my views, and you the chance to express yours. Eureka!

Good job, GTAA and TStan!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I really just wish we could use the innovation and technology of our wonderful institution to create the most modern and technologically advanced stadium. We will never be the biggest but we could stand out. Let let the engineers come up with cool ideas. Lets add some robotics, this could speed up concession lines or just be an interesting greeter. Lets see what kind of cool web experiences we can create, lets have up to date analytics of the game. We can nerd out our stadium and be a really cool experience.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I hope one of the plans will be to dismantle the upper north stands and replace it with the club deck. Those mostly empty upper north stands are a bad visual on game day. The future is bright. I will pay more to have a better stadium experience.
pretty sure the people who are paying for club seats don’t want to be in the nose bleeds. Maybe in the lower section but wouldn’t the construction have been done to certain weight requirements. Don’t think you can just add a bunch of extra weight.

I do think chairbacking the entire stadium is a great at idea. Put in drink holders and it’ll be much better for concerts in that regard as well. I’ll miss stomping on the benches but I’ll just move over to slapping the backs of the chairs. I’ll adapt. Don’t worry about me!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I do think chairbacking the entire stadium is a great at idea. Put in drink holders and it’ll be much better for concerts in that regard as well. I’ll miss stomping on the benches but I’ll just move over to slapping the backs of the chairs. I’ll adapt. Don’t worry about me!
As chairman of the Big 'n' Fat GT Fanbase committee, I say we are against any plan for fully 100% chairbacks. Besides, we already have a problem of too many fans sitting for the entire game and complaining that they cant see.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
As chairman of the Big 'n' Fat GT Fanbase committee, I say we are against any plan for fully 100% chairbacks. Besides, we already have a problem of too many fans sitting for the entire game and complaining that they cant see.
I always thought They are actually more spacious, if they are similar to McCammish we are fine. I’m 6’1 230 and have never had an issue at a hoops game.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
TStan has mentioned in the past that there is extra demand for premium experiences. Not sure how I feel about that, it’s not something I am interested in. The main problem with BDS is the 8,000 seat albatross in the Upper North. Only full for UGA/Clemson and then all visitors. I watched the 1999 Tech-Georgia game on the ACC Network this week, back when the stadium was 43k. Crowd was 70% GT. You’d never see that now. It’s frankly an embarrassment these days when Clemson and UGA are in town.
I’d love to remove the upper North entirely and replace it with a premium balcony with skyline views, but I don’t know if they’ll give up the extra ticket $.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could go back in time to the early 1980s before Tech torn out the old south stands and decided then to build a new stadium. Look at all of the money we've spent over the years remodeling and upgrading. Maybe now is the time to consider a new stadium?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could go back in time to the early 1980s before Tech torn out the old south stands and decided then to build a new stadium. Look at all of the money we've spent over the years remodeling and upgrading. Maybe now is the time to consider a new stadium?

Tweak upper north into something else and do the chair backs and roll.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
TStan has mentioned in the past that there is extra demand for premium experiences. Not sure how I feel about that, it’s not something I am interested in.
I'm sure he asked around and not just your feelings...but seriously, all of our premium seating is fully sold out, whether they come to games or are held by rich opponents is another thing. The prices for GT games has to rank in the lower quarter of all FBS. Upping ticket prices slowly, $75 to $150 each year is doable for most season ticket holders, but the upgrades they are surveying would result in instant doubling, if not tripling, of those prices. If we want to be on par with our surrounding competition, be prepared to shell out. Example, AVERAGE price for 1 Alabama season ticket from the school is $2,500. Clemson is at $380 flat rate but the giving to iptay balloons the price quickly.