Survey for BDS

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer

Looks like big changes (seating and concourse) could be coming to BDS. I would encourage everyone that can take the survey to take it. These upgrades are really needed and all the input they can get will be useful. I personally wish we could start over and have a stadium that isn't pieced together but any renovations they do will be better than what we currently have amenity wise.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Looks like big changes (seating and concourse) could be coming to BDS. I would encourage everyone that can take the survey to take it. These upgrades are really needed and all the input they can get will be useful. I personally wish we could start over and have a stadium that isn't pieced together but any renovations they do will be better than what we currently have amenity wise.
Oh man... this survey has me PUMPED. We are about to be the place to be on Saturdays in the fall.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone give some details about the survey? I don’t have access.
Shows a variety of possible new seating options from chair backs to patios, lodges, suites and clubs. Had areas for you to give thoughts about gameday experiences etc. Really excited to see the master plan when available!!

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
For those that can’t take it, here are some screenshots to give you an idea on the types of upgrades they are gauging interest on implementing.

6B030A86-A621-48DF-B3B2-0C46900BA6C7.jpg
E588CF55-C7BF-4527-895F-AB789402241E.jpg
C54B9974-F2D1-4147-B5AC-371247405860.jpg
BF4360EA-F61D-4953-8707-B030B7C4C29D.jpg
04729567-F011-44FF-BC8A-C79FDE39D27C.jpg
2246C3C7-E9F1-4528-B230-580884560A16.jpg
CA0D08E4-B1D2-4A00-8934-423145C26D22.jpg

Attachments

• EBF6AAD8-2C6F-4041-A4E6-26BACCFF56AA.jpg
    EBF6AAD8-2C6F-4041-A4E6-26BACCFF56AA.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Some of the options seem nice. Some seem to be overkill or not really what I would expect for Tech fans. Prices seem much higher for the section I'm currently in, maybe double? I like the general ideas and if a club or something could go in either the south area and/or the upper north, that would be good. Chairback seating would be nice and some type of club would be nice. Just concerned that they're putting the cart before the horse to some degree. Another 3 win season or two and they'll need to be more concerned with keeping fans in the seats and not increasing prices. I've seen it at least three or four times in the past where they have a reseating and people are pissed and the club seats are empty and no one winds up happy.

Main thoughts are that most of it looks nice, but seems pricey for most of the options. Just me $0.02.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of the options seem nice. Some seem to be overkill or not really what I would expect for Tech fans. Prices seem much higher for the section I'm currently in, maybe double? I like the general ideas and if a club or something could go in either the south area and/or the upper north, that would be good. Chairback seating would be nice and some type of club would be nice. Just concerned that they're putting the cart before the horse to some degree. Another 3 win season or two and they'll need to be more concerned with keeping fans in the seats and not increasing prices. I've seen it at least three or four times in the past where they have a reseating and people are pissed and the club seats are empty and no one winds up happy.

Main thoughts are that most of it looks nice, but seems pricey for most of the options. Just me $0.02.
Prices were my worry as well. Love the idea of chairbacks or a patio / beer garden, but the cheapest cost they gave was $1000/seat, with many being way higher.

Know we need to spend to be successful, but doubling the cost of seats for a chairbacks would be rough for many I think

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Looked like they are just trying to see where "the line in the sand is..." or judge how much pain the market will bear.

Have been in some of those pictured places, most recently at DKR-M in Austin, and it adds quite a higher level to the in-venue experience.

From the gripes, moans&groans, et al I've read on various sites, these types of facilities & food services upgrades are what you have been wanting.

But, just like the recently completed AI2020 fund drive, TStan's looking to the ticket buying fan base to tip that delicate balance of "Wants" vs "What I'm willing to spend for what I Want" to stadium upgrades without doing a Dave Braine(less)/DRAD oversell/overdo/overhaul.

Just my $.02 worth.

Arch8284

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree the previous renovation was a botched job all about adding seats
That was a huge mistake and waste of money . Renovation should be like the basketball arena
Best smaller arena around
Any word on the new Edge drawings?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
It’s like improving your house. It’ll cost a bunch but the ROI long term is well worth it. The back end with concerts as well will make for some really good pay days. I think we need to partner with SweetWater, Waffle House, Fox Bros and some other great ATL food and beverage locations.

IMO-People also will like outdoor music venues going forward due to Covid. To have premium seating will pay off going forward. I think they are just trying to gauge…”How premium?”

I live in Wyoming and only make a couple games a year. I chose some options that I probably won’t go for but still think they should do.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
If they turn the south end zone in to a bar/patio/beer garden thing - I will gladly be at every game. The jaguars did it perfectly by turning the entire concourse on one of their endzones into 3-5 giant bars with a little patio that overlooks some seats and then the field.
I would love that. That could help motivate me to get tickets again