Support The Swarm Fund

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I was estimating Clemson’s possible impact at $80m, so that makes sense. And when you talk about virtual learning, you’re losing another massive amount of money from dorms and school-owned apartments. This is why so many people have their hands out for money - the scale of the problem is massive.

Facebook and Twitter are now deleting videos that say children and younger people have almost a zero chance of severe negative health outcomes, but that’s actually scientifically correct. There are some large forces at work that don’t want people to do anything but hide right now. The reality is most people don’t have to hide if they just take proper precautions. I hope even with highly restricted crowds they at least attempt to play the season. There have been reports all over the country for college athletes testing positive for COVID, but I still haven’t seen a single solitary one where someone had a severe negative health issue from it. We have flu and staph infections seemingly every year that have worse outcomes than that.

1596810857339.png

Also this: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ason-after-battle-with-covid-19-strep-throat/

BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT. ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT STILL SEEMS SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THIS. It takes literally thousands of non-college age adults to operate college athletics (staff/administrators/stadium personnel etc.), many of whom are in vulnerable age groups. And those athletes and those adults all interact with their families and their communities. You cannot isolate just the players themselves and say that is the only risk. That sort of thinking is why the US is where the US is and why Europe is where Europe is.

Again, I am not even advocating for one conclusion or the other. I am just saying, if you are going to debate it, at least have an honest debate.

Attachments

• 1596810365394.png
    1596810365394.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 11

Deleted member 2897

[
Let's please get this back to the initial intent of the thread. Thanks.

So sad that so many regular discussions on a variety of topics can end in personal attacks. We can’t have nice things.

Xavier has been over COVID since last spring. He’s 15 pounds of bad weight overweight and out of shape. Then he recently got strep throat. He’s way out of shape. IIWII.

Does anybody know what the ticket plans are yet? They can’t really skip every other seat or something because what if a family wants to buy tickets. Are they making a plan first based on season tickets and then going from there?

Deleted member 2897

[

So sad that so many regular discussions on a variety of topics can end in personal attacks. We can’t have nice things.

Xavier has been over COVID since last spring. He’s 15 pounds of bad weight overweight and out of shape. Then he recently got strep throat. He’s way out of shape. IIWII.

Does anybody know what the ticket plans are yet? They can’t really skip every other seat or something because what if a family wants to buy tickets. Are they making a plan first based on season tickets and then going from there?

Also, we’re doing better than most of Europe both economically and with regards to the virus. IIWII. It would be best to love this over to the Coronavirus thread - oh wait. You can live life and do things and be safe. You can help administrate athletics and do a job and be safe. Tons of people work in hospitals and grocery stores and Walmart’s and everywhere and they don’t get sick. They wear masks, keep their distance, and practice good hygiene.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
[

I do not see a personal attack there. If you believe there was, then please report it so that other mods have it to review.

My request is that you end the off topic conversation in this thread. Feel free to redirect the debate to another more appropriate thread. Thanks.

Deleted member 2897

I do not see a personal attack there. If you believe there was, then please report it so that other mods have it to review.

My request is that you end the off topic conversation in this thread. Feel free to redirect the debate to another more appropriate thread. Thanks.

Wearing a tin foil that means you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but whatever. Probably best to just move on.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

That Stansbury, who typically keeps a low media profile, arranged the conference to publicize the department’s “Support the Swarm” campaign underscores the urgency of Tech’s financial need. Stansbury’s last media interview took place in late May.
Asked if cutting a team was a possible solution if the finances remain in critical condition, Stansbury didn’t directly answer the question, though a more likely outcome might be reducing staff or operations that don’t directly impact Tech athletes.

Just as Stansbury and chief financial officer Marvin Lewis are making financial models based on different stadium capacities, “we’re also modeling what does our program look like if we don’t reach certain thresholds in those revenue streams,” Stansbury said.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know how the IA2020 fund is going? It doesn't look like there has been an update on the $125 million goal on RR.com for months.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know how the IA2020 fund is going? It doesn't look like there has been an update on the $125 million goal on RR.com for months.

From what I heard a few weeks ago, they are close or met the goal, just reconfirming some of the pledges. Stansbury did mention it on his podcast this week, saying those gifts are earmarked for specific purposes so can't be used to fill the budget gap.

runnerbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
anyone else notice tstan used some just for men and has started working on his canadian hockey mullet? looking sharp!