Supersize, Gold1, This is for you. Gold Jerseys.

crut

Helluva Engineer
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I continue to be disappointed in the fact that GT made a huge deal out of rebranding with our new official gold color and yet they continue to roll out stuff that is not even close to that shade. The season ticket holder shirts and these jerseys in particular are somewhere between a washed out gold and a yellowish khaki color.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I continue to be disappointed in the fact that GT made a huge deal out of rebranding with our new official gold color and yet they continue to roll out stuff that is not even close to that shade. The season ticket holder shirts and these jerseys in particular are somewhere between a washed out gold and a yellowish khaki color.
The shade shows up different on different materials. Look at the basketball court. That is the correct Pantone color, but shows up like puke on wood.

I wish Stansbury had gone with a more bold gold color (less washed out) but at this point, I'm am willing to be content with the use of the same gold on all apparel.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
The shade shows up different on different materials. Look at the basketball court. That is the correct Pantone color, but shows up like puke on wood.
It’s been pointed out to me that the material has an impact on how the color looks, but when it comes out like this they need to go back and tweak their process. If it comes out far too light, go back and do it darker. Don’t we have an agreement with adidas that requires them to do it right?

crut

Helluva Engineer
It’s been pointed out to me that the material has an impact on how the color looks, but when it comes out like this they need to go back and tweak their process. If it comes out far too light, go back and do it darker. Don’t we have an agreement with adidas that requires them to do it right?
I think the best thing might be to have like 4 Pantone shades. But these shades are used for different materials so that they all show up the same. Dunno if they would do that though.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the best thing might be to have like 4 Pantone shades. But these shades are used for different materials so that they all show up the same. Dunno if they would do that though.
If they have to use “different” shades for them to appear to be a consistent GT Gold color, then that’s what they should do. I don’t care what the designers at Adidas call the colors they’re using to make it look right.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
I think this is a sign they are listening to the fan base. Can there be improvements on the shade of gold? (Sure.)
But I see these jerseys as a first step in the right direction.

Obviously, I am happy to see any shade of gold, although that one does look washed out in the photo, but I don't like the design. In design, they are as ugly as those atrocious blue ones worn (along with the blue pants) in the bowl game. The gold jerseys of past years looked MUCH BETTER. But at least it's a step (hopefully, a step) in the right direction.