Summer Ball

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The below is from RamblinWreck. I feel like a handful of players are not listed--wonder if they are rehabbing from injuries or just training this summer? Datoc, Murray, Nick Wilhite to name a few off the top of my head. Also, as I mentioned in the Draft post, apparently Craport did not go up to Cotuit. I'm assuming he and Bailey are preparing for the draft.

Alaska Baseball League

Cape Cod Baseball League

Coastal Plain League
spacer.gif

Florida Collegiate Summer League

Northwoods League

Sunbelt Baseball League

Valley League
2017-18 #FutureJackets

Sunbelt Baseball League

• Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks
  • Crews Taylor, Gwinnett Tides
  • Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks

East Cobb Yankees 18U

• Michael Guldberg
  • Colin Hall
  • Joseph Mannelly

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Does anyone know why Beesball is not reporting any minor league or Summer league performances this year?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the AJC (verbatim below)
"USA Baseball announced Tuesday that Georgia Tech catcher Joey Bart earned a spot on the 2017 Collegiate National Team training-camp roster.

Bart, a Buford High School graduate, is one of 20 players who will join 14 previously announced athletes to play a five-game series against teams in the Coastal Plain League and the Carolina-Virginia Collegiate League. The final 24-man roster will be announced on June 26.

Leading Tech with 13 home runs and 43 RBIs in the 2017 season, the sophomore was an all-ACC second-team selection and Johnny Bench Award semifinalist.

The Collegiate National Team is made up of non-draft eligible athletes currently playing college baseball."

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/061917aaa.html

Weekly highlights of GT players in various summer leagues. The highlight is Xavion's batting average of 400 and Carpenter pitching well in Alaska.
Cape Cod league updates as of 6/21
-Bart 2-10 with 6 K's (.200 avg). Headed to Team USA tryouts.
-Stallings 1-12 with 5 K's (.083 avg)
-Hall has not reported to Harwich
-Gibson 2.1 ip (1 game), 0.00 ERA with 3 K, 0 BB, 1 H

Curry may have to play 3B next season. Also, good to see Carpenter and Winborne do well in Alaska.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Cape Cod league updates as of 6/21
-Bart 2-10 with 6 K's (.200 avg). Headed to Team USA tryouts.
-Stallings 1-12 with 5 K's (.083 avg)
-Hall has not reported to Harwich
-Gibson 2.1 ip (1 game), 0.00 ERA with 3 K, 0 BB, 1 H

Curry may have to play 3B next season. Also, good to see Carpenter and Winborne do well in Alaska.
If Serratos ends up not signing, then I imagine that we'll see him or Ledford over at 3rd base, but that's just my opinion. Curry should get more ABs next year, but I hope that he turns into a true ace and he can just stay in the Friday spot.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If Serratos ends up not signing, then I imagine that we'll see him or Ledford over at 3rd base, but that's just my opinion. Curry should get more ABs next year, but I hope that he turns into a true ace and he can just stay in the Friday spot.

Another option could be moving one of A. Wilhite/Carter Hall/Parker McCoy over to 3B. If I recall correctly, initially Hall was going to be our starting SS this past season but didn't bc of injury. Also heard McCoy may have won the spot in preseason if not for his own injuries. Regardless, we should have plenty of options on the left side of the infield.

Agreed on Curry--really hope he steps up and becomes a dominant ace of our staff next season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Another option could be moving one of A. Wilhite/Carter Hall/Parker McCoy over to 3B. If I recall correctly, initially Hall was going to be our starting SS this past season but didn't bc of injury. Also heard McCoy may have won the spot in preseason if not for his own injuries. Regardless, we should have plenty of options on the left side of the infield.

Agreed on Curry--really hope he steps up and becomes a dominant ace of our staff next season.
I had heard that about McCoy too and it wouldn't surprise me to see him move there. My ideal defensive lineup for next year would be Bart (C), *English (1B), Bailey (2B), Wilhite (SS), Serratos (3B), Radcliffe (LF), either Hall (CF), Stallings (RF), and Johnson (DH). Then, I would like to see McCoy, McCann, Ledford, other Hall, Turley, and other Wilhite being utilized A LOT of off the bench so the team can be fresher and hopefully healthier as the season goes on.

*If English isn't ready to play first or he is ahead of schedule and capable of pitching then I'd put Manelly at first.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We have as long as 14 July to see if Serratos signs. I really hope he doesn't and starts off at 3rd. I think he should be worth a lot more to the MLB in three years. Our poor D at 3rd and SS and 1st really hurt last year. It's not like our pitchers could overcome facing extra batters from errors / plays not made.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Granted.... it's limited data. But considering Curry's offensive numbers AND assuming he's needed to be a starting pitcher, why can't he be a "two-way" player? Perhaps even DH if there is no place for him on defense?

It's been done successfully with other college players.
I would think he will definitely get an opportunity to get more AB's next season as a DH if he doesn't play any in the field.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
There is an update for Summer ball on RamblingWreck.com. We've had several demotions from one league to another. It is very discouraging from top to bottom. The pitchers have a lot of high ERAs and the batters are pathetic, mostly under .200. Curry is an exception, but as a hitter.He has not pitched.