Students at McCamish

Deleted member 2897

Haven't been to a game, but it sounded loud on TV Saturday night.

Typical Ken Seguira article with the negative sounding title. When I saw the title, I was expecting to read something about how small our fan base is. Turns out, the article states that we have one of the largest crowds in the ACC and it helps us win games.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Turns out, the article states that we have one of the largest crowds in the ACC and it helps us win games.
I was a student during the Cremins Mark Price, John Salley etc years. The Coliseum was electric then with enthusiasm and energy and definitely a factor. It was a great time for Tech Bball ... I don't think it's ever been as great as that, but hopefully again one day ...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Typical Ken Seguira article with the negative sounding title. When I saw the title, I was expecting to read something about how small our fan base is. Turns out, the article states that we have one of the largest crowds in the ACC and it helps us win games.
Journalists write the articles, titles written by copy editors.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was a student during the Cremins Mark Price, John Salley etc years. The Coliseum was electric then with enthusiasm and energy and definitely a factor. It was a great time for Tech Bball ... I don't think it's ever been as great as that, but hopefully again one day ...
College basketball overall has never been as great as that time in history. Unfortunately never will be that good again.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
After the 81-82 season, there were some great years at the Thriller Dome!

I had seats in the first row behind the press table area just behind the GT bench from 82/83 season through the 85/86 season. Some great times for sure.
(Yes it took me 4 years. 2 quarters to get out)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't a fan of GT yet during the Cremins years, but I'd be hard-pressed to not throw the '03-'04 and subsequent few years into the mix for comparison. Students camping out, celebrities in the crowd, electric wins, etc. The place was rocking.