Strength at WR

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
D. Thomas was more physically imposing than Calvin IMO. Not better, not faster (though great beyond question). He was and is a physical beast.

As for the group this year. I think all have something to prove. This isn't a position of concern for me but I'm not ready to label it stellar either. Could become stellar...but have to show that still IMO.

I'm sorry, but you must have lost your mind. Thomas is absolutely a physical beast, but Calvin was hands down more physically imposing. One of our best plays when we had him was just to chuck the ball up to him in the corner of the end zone...he dominated those one-on-one situations, and continues to in the NFL.

With regards to our current receivers, I think they are a solid group. Smelter could have a great year, Waller has all the potential...I think we're fine.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm sorry, but you must have lost your mind. Thomas is absolutely a physical beast, but Calvin was hands down more physically imposing
My mental stability may not be certain but......being athletic and skilled (going up and bringing in a circus catch) does not equate to the imposing physical ability DT had in stiff arming and trucking over and through defenders IMO.
This debate is a pretty stupid one as both guys are amazingly athletic, skilled, and physically imposing. But let me ask you this....would you rather get hit by Calvin or DT? In my mind, crazy or not, Calvin is more talented and DT more physically imposing.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My mental stability may not be certain but......being athletic and skilled (going up and bringing in a circus catch) does not equate to the imposing physical ability DT had in stiff arming and trucking over and through defenders IMO.
This debate is a pretty stupid one as both guys are amazingly athletic, skilled, and physically imposing. But let me ask you this....would you rather get hit by Calvin or DT? In my mind, crazy or not, Calvin is more talented and DT more physically imposing.
I thought Calvin had a better stiff arm too.