Stoopid's Complaints About Blocking

Lee34102

Georgia Tech Fan
Erm guys....take your gold shaded glasses off for a second. That block was unfortunately clearly unethical. It is now unethical for GT teams to physically dominate other teams. GT players are just 2 star nerds and getting physically manhandled by nerds is unethical and causes extreme butthurt in opposing coaches and players.

You're absolutely correct, as was validated by the (god awful) announcing team who felt compelled to explain that our line was "really small, averaging around 270 or so" may 10 times during the game ... perhaps going forward the line should be coached to play with their pinkie finger raised at all times

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Part of the problem with the false narrative, from opposing coaches mostly, is how it enflames tempers and encourages their own guys to take cheap shots.

So much this.

It's a big mind game. Deficient coaches like Stoops grasp onto the 'uh, they're cheatin'. Them cut-chop blocks are alegal' narrative. The team buys into it and psyches themselves out. The fanbase buys into it and get all indignant when, in reality, they have no idea what they're talking about.

I mean, the Kentucky board has a thread basically wishing for our guys to get hurt since we were 'messin' with kids' futures out there'. What? 98% of them dudes, to cite the NCAA commercial, will be going "pro" in something other than football anyways. Perhaps they should secure their futures in the classroom, no?

Deleted member 2897

2 thoughts.

First, watch that GIF again - the reason he got hurt is because he got pancaked and fell awkwardly back across his own knee. His leg was bent the wrong direction under himself.

Second, if there is any team that gets away with unethical/dangerous/illegal blocking, it is not Georgia Tech. Many coaches complain about us, talk to the refs to watch for it, and so on. So you damned well know if we were doing anything wrong, it would get called, and videos of it would get sent to the league office.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Good coaches tell their players to use their hands, stay on their feet and go make a play.

Bad coaches try to work the refs, stoke the fires of fear, tell their players we're trying to keep them from being drafted 1st overall, tell their fans we're dirty and proceed to whine all game whenever they see a player fall on the ground.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I have lost my respect for this guy.

#1 This guy put them in a defensive scheme which allowed us to just run out the clock with 6-8 yards gains per play by simply turning and handing off to the Bback. I know it is not that easy but the Bback can be stopped. You have to give us the outside but it can be stopped. Just give us the game IDIOT!!!!
#2 His temper tantrum before half was classic. Lost his right to reverse a bad call and we gained 2 seconds. What a moron!!!
#3 His calling out to the Tech bench while on the field for a hurt player was just ridiculous. CPJ was having none of it.
#4 Tells his cornerback to be aggressive but it was not a called blitz on Jeune pass was his assessment after the game. What an excuse!!!! CPJ had that call in his pocket from how Kentucky cornerbacks had played for several plays before the throw. The cornerbacks were blitzing every play at the end. Listen to Tech players after the game. That's bad coaching!!!! You can't tell them to be aggressive for 10 plays and watch what your players are doing and then say we didn't call a blitz. He knew that the corners were letting the WR go.

I hope we play more teams with coaches like this. CPJ ate his lunch.