Stoopid's Complaints About Blocking

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't remember game or team, but that's the hit I remmembered.
Easier for me to remember, for obvious reasons.

Fwiw, a month after hearing about how dirty GT's cut blocking is, I watched a Syracuse game with my brother and pointed to the cut blocks by Syracuse OL and RB. He's an avid Orange fan as you can imagine. It was enlightening to me when he seemed to still have an "Aha" moment as I pointed out that every team does it with visuals of one's favorite team doing it. So my question in that very moment was "Is it better or worse to know that it's coming or get surprised by it?" The conversation really didn't go further - he was a good sport about it though.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
The majority of the time we get called for a chop block is when we are scooping on the backside. The D-Lineman is grabbing one of our guys (the Center, for example) and the adjacent O-Lineman (the backside Guard, in this case) cuts him. I've always wanted to ask PJ about this because I'm sure it happens a ton ... although I'm sure he points that out to the officials before each game.

When we get flagged I get mad. If the guy gets injured I just laugh* and go, "that's your own dumb fault". Then I get mad again for getting flagged.

The "dirty cut block" discussion with other fans is so lame ... to the point where I just give up because you can't fix stupid.

* I don't really laugh. Unless it's someone with a criminal record and deserves it, usually from uGA.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
At this point, let's just beat them on the field. No opposing team is going to change their narrative no matter how many facts are handed them. Kentucky is just another fanbase (and coaching staff apparently) that thinks they're better than they are. Plenty of times we're in that boat.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If UKy's AD had any cojones, he'd fine or suspend Stoops for both his on-field conduct and his 'alleged' meltdown at (on?) the officials' locker room door. I got really bent outta shape when Stoops jawed at CPJ like he did.

I have a co-worker whose wife is a Ky alum and hardcore Wildcat fan. It's probably good for all concerned we were not at the same watch party Saturday. (She'd-a whipped my butt. The lady has 6 inches on me.... that's 6 inches in height, people. Get your minds out of the gutter. This is not Stingtalk.)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Part of the problem with the false narrative, from opposing coaches mostly, is how it enflames tempers and encourages their own guys to take cheap shots.

northgajacket

Banned
If UKy's AD had any cojones, he'd fine or suspend Stoops for both his on-field conduct and his 'alleged' meltdown at (on?) the officials' locker room door. I got really bent outta shape when Stoops jawed at CPJ like he did.

I have a co-worker whose wife is a Ky alum and hardcore Wildcat fan. It's probably good for all concerned we were not at the same watch party Saturday. (She'd-a whipped my butt. The lady has 6 inches on me.... that's 6 inches in height, people. Get your minds out of the gutter. This is not Stingtalk.)

Damn

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Apparently it's already well known among Tennessee fans that Stoops is a whiner. I never really watched them enough to know myself until yesterday. He acted like he learned how to coach from a little league baseball coach. If he spent half the time he didn't bitching into actually coaching maybe his team would be better.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Apparently it's already well known among Tennessee fans that Stoops is a whiner. I never really watched them enough to know myself until yesterday. He acted like he learned how to coach from a little league baseball coach. If he spent half the time he didn't bitching into actually coaching maybe his team would be better.
That's about what the Lexington paper said. Maybe the problem with all the Stoops is that they all want to be as good as their brother.