Stinger Mobile Passes

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
https://ramblinwreck.com/stingerpass/

I wanted to share some info about the Stinger Mobile Passes. I bought two passes last season, and they were a fantastic alternative to season tickets for me. I live about 2 1/2 hours away from Bobby Dodd, and have 2 small children, so there are variables that make purchasing season tickets a risky expenditure. With these passes starting at $149 each ($249 for guaranteed lower level seats) that guarantee you a seat at every home game, it’s hard to go wrong. The biggest drawback is that you don’t know where your seats will be until you’re on campus and “check-in” before kickoff, but from my experience there really aren’t any bad seats in Bobby Dodd.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about my experience with them. The ticket office seems to be advertising them more than they did last season, so I’m guessing they were well received. I think there were only about 800 or so passes available last season, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking about pulling the trigger on them but haven’t.

jepherson

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m thinking about getting a couple of those for next year. Did you ever end up with just terrible seats? Or were they always pretty decent?

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m thinking about getting a couple of those for next year. Did you ever end up with just terrible seats? Or were they always pretty decent?
Probably the worst seats to me were in section 130 for the UVA game. I could only really see what was going on the 35 yd line and in. Every other play I was watching the video board. I was up in the North stands for the Clemson game, but I wouldn’t say those seats were bad. I actually prefer the upper level seats, so the $149 option works for me.

bfunk16

Georgia Tech Fan
My brother and I are considering these versus UE season tickets. Is there any way for one of us to be able to get the others tickets in the instance that one of us can’t use our tickets? IOW, if I buy two mobile passes under my account and he has his two under his account. I can’t go but he wants to take his wife and two sons. Is there any way for them to be able to use my account/login to get those tickets?

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
My brother and I are considering these versus UE season tickets. Is there any way for one of us to be able to get the others tickets in the instance that one of us can’t use our tickets? IOW, if I buy two mobile passes under my account and he has his two under his account. I can’t go but he wants to take his wife and two sons. Is there any way for them to be able to use my account/login to get those tickets?
Yes. As long as you give them access to your account, anyone can use the tickets. It’s all managed in the GT Gameday app. I’ve never done it, but supposedly you can also link multiple passes together so the seats are close. I think you can link up to 8 seats.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
How often did you sit with Tech fans vs visiting fans?
With Tech fans almost every game. The Virginia game was the only exception, where we were in 130. If I had to pick a visiting fan base to sit with, it would be Virginia. They’re a classy bunch for the most part. And there were still some Tech fans around us, so we weren’t right in the middle of the UVA fans.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just a side comment...they do the same thing with basketball this year and I have been using them and loved it. Always was seated with GT fans, even in the UNC game where there were plenty of opposing fans in the building. And have been pleased with our seats in every game we've been to thus far.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
On the day that the tickets are delivered, can you screen shot the ticket and send it to someone else? Just want to know in case I want to send someone else my ticket

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
On the day that the tickets are delivered, can you screen shot the ticket and send it to someone else? Just want to know in case I want to send someone else my ticket
You have to be within one mile of the stadium to check-in and receive the ticket, but it does have the ability to transfer tickets. I think you enter the receiving person's phone number, and they receive a text message with a link. I've never done it, but that's the way I believe it's supposed to work.

jpilgrim6

Georgia Tech Fan
You enter their email and it sends it to them. I've also screenshotted it before and sent it which works fine as well.

As for being 1 mile of the stadium, you can spoof the location with an app on your phone where you can check in from anywhere though. (Not that I've done this :rolleyes: ).

One feature I wish they would add is the ability to transfer future tickets. As scjacket22 said, you have to check in and receive the ticket before you can transfer it, so the person you're sending it to can't receive the ticket until the 4 hour check-in window

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
You enter their email and it sends it to them. I've also screenshotted it before and sent it which works fine as well.

As for being 1 mile of the stadium, you can spoof the location with an app on your phone where you can check in from anywhere though. (Not that I've done this :rolleyes: ).

One feature I wish they would add is the ability to transfer future tickets. As scjacket22 said, you have to check in and receive the ticket before you can transfer it, so the person you're sending it to can't receive the ticket until the 4 hour check-in window
Details on the location spoofing app, please. Which one do you use?

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Just a few additional notes:

You can request seating with a group if all parties have the same level (plan vs gold) of mobile pass.

You can buy additional (guest) tickets with either pass.

You can return ticket for credit with the gold pass, so if you can't make the UNC game you could "return" your tickets and be able to use them for additional tickets to the Duke game.

These additional options make a lot of sense for purchasers who can't make every game and like to attend with a group of friends who also can't make every game.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/stingerpass/

I wanted to share some info about the Stinger Mobile Passes. I bought two passes last season, and they were a fantastic alternative to season tickets for me. I live about 2 1/2 hours away from Bobby Dodd, and have 2 small children, so there are variables that make purchasing season tickets a risky expenditure. With these passes starting at $149 each ($249 for guaranteed lower level seats) that guarantee you a seat at every home game, it’s hard to go wrong. The biggest drawback is that you don’t know where your seats will be until you’re on campus and “check-in” before kickoff, but from my experience there really aren’t any bad seats in Bobby Dodd.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about my experience with them. The ticket office seems to be advertising them more than they did last season, so I’m guessing they were well received. I think there were only about 800 or so passes available last season, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking about pulling the trigger on them but haven’t.

Glad you posted this and shared your experience.

My cousins’ daughter just moved back to ATL after getting out of the Navy. She, along with her son, are GT fans and got really pumped by the new regime.

But readjusting to civilian life, new home, new job, new school have restricted disposable income but this is a great value for them.

I have not talked to them since they bought the stinger pass and have been curious if there was even better pricing for her son ( best I remember he is around 10 y.o.)

Thanks for sharing.

Jackets90

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello all,
My name is Ben and I am new to the forum. I have been a Tech fan my entire life. My dad raised me right! Would have loved to attend but Tech does not have an anesthesia program. I have only had the opportunity to attend a handful of games in my lifetime. My favorite must be the 2014 ACC championship game against fsu. My picture is of my wife and I with Buzz at that game. We lost but man did we give them a heck of a game before dominating the orange bowl!
Anyway, I am finally in a position where I can buy tickets but still cant pony up for season tickets yet. Student loans are no joke! Ha I was looking into the stinger pass for this season. Was wondering if anyone has done this or knew somebody who did. I did see one post about this when i was searching but I am hoping more than one of you have tried it! Im curious to see where exactly your seats were. I know they move around but generally speaking were you always in a corner or did you have some 20 yard line or better seats thrown in once in a while? Im leaning toward the $249 ticket to ensure lower level seats (mainly for GT-ga game). Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Go Jackets and THWG!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It’s been a few years since my dad and I had season tickets since we no longer live in the same city and I’ve become an adult (getting old sucks. It’s hard to drive 3.5 hours 7 times a football season to games) but I think you could get season tickets for somewhere close to the price you mentioned. I know my dad had to give a separate “gift” to the AD fund when we had them, or to some desperate fund, so that may be the issue, but I’d recommend getting them if possible just to go to more games if you’re close enough to Atlanta.

Also, I wouldn’t be concerned with being on the field level. You can get a better view from the second deck. Our season tickets were on the GT side around the 20-25 yard line but I felt like we were too close to the field. I try to make to it 2-3 games a year now and I prefer sitting in the upper deck. Welcome to the board!

It’s been a few years since my dad and I had season tickets since we no longer live in the same city and I’ve become an adult (getting old sucks. It’s hard to drive 3.5 hours 7 times a football season to games) but I think you could get season tickets for somewhere close to the price you mentioned. I know my dad had to give a separate “gift” to the AD fund when we had them, or to some desperate fund, so that may be the issue, but I’d recommend getting them if possible just to go to more games if you’re close enough to Atlanta.

Also, I wouldn’t be concerned with being on the field level. You can get a better view from the second deck. Our season tickets were on the GT side around the 20-25 yard line but I felt like we were too close to the field. I try to make to it 2-3 games a year now and I prefer sitting in the upper deck. Welcome to the board!
Not all season ticket sections require a "ticket fee", so I agree that he could probably get season tickets in one of those sections for about the same price as a stinger pass. At least some of the non-ticket-fee sections are in the upper north, which my friends say provide the best views in the stadium.