Status of Ted Roof as DC

wojo1221

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, was reading on a Wake board that Ted Roof was spotted in Winston Salem the other day, with the deacs currently having a vacancy at DC, that did raise some eyebrows as to why Roof was there. Is it already confirmed that he is coming back to GT next season?

wojo1221

Georgia Tech Fan
Yea I hadn't heard anything so figured the GT fan board would be the best place to get an answer. Being a duke fan since '98 I have a fandom connection to Roof from his days with us and have always really liked him regardless of the pitiful 4.5 seasons we had under him as head coach.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
He has been out recruiting for GA Tech, with one of his top recruiting classes ever coming in, including one of his own sons committed to GA Tech, and our Defense just played a pretty good game against Kentucky, so I highly doubt he's out looking for another job right now.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Why even get a silly hype train like this going on the thread in the midst of recruiting?! As Nick Saban would say, this is noise we do not need to pay attention to.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'd wager he was 'crootin'. No way he bolts for Weak Florists or any other mid-level DC position especially considering his son's coming in next year. Now if he was up near EasyU (ECU), I might be a lil' worried.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why even get a silly hype train like this going on the thread in the midst of recruiting?! As Nick Saban would say, this is noise we do not need to pay attention to.
It's in gtswarm lol who cares if he post something like this, it's not like any of us are really affecting the program.

Deleted member 2897

There are quite a few recruits that we and Wake Forest are both chasing. Perhaps he was meeting with 1 of them when they were visiting town.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If ted leaves tech for wake then u can bet he was going to be let go and it wasnt his choice especially with his son coming in

Paul also probably wont fire him with his son coming in either. Paul is a good guy. He looks at the bigger picture. Roof would have had to have had three straight years of 2014 or two straight to be fired and he hasn't.

And to be honest after he stopped calling so much crappy quarter quarter half cvg his D have played a bit better. Maybe he learned something

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys, was reading on a Wake board that Ted Roof was spotted in Winston Salem the other day...?

How was he spotted exactly? Like was Roof hanging-out on WF campus, or did someone spot him at dinner with Stone Edwards?

Seriously Edwards looked good in the Shrine Bowl game but doesn't have a P5 offer yet according to Rivals. Offers from Army and Air Force mean he's GT material academically right?
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/183170