Statesboro Blues

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not and this is a good place to start talking about the game!

Who's going to start? Gooden is my conspiracy theory pick. He's the best potential pitcher we haven't seen. The reason it's a conspiracy theory is Hall's answer to the question was cut off here .......

BTW, I hope it's Southern and not us with the blues Tuesday night. Southern is 2-1 after winning the series with Middle Tennessee.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Is Gooden hurt? I doubt Hall would try and red shirt him. Kind of a waste in college baseball where the good ones (should) go after their Junior year.
Speaking of conspiracy theories...Sunday got a little dicey mid-game and needed lefties for situations. I think it's all going to be dictated on who Southern throws, it's a tough environment and I would agree, experience will probably be the way he goes.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Re: Start Exprienced guy

So, start King?... even with the aforementioned (another thread) pitch count.

BTW... Did King get pulled Sun for
a) injury
b) poor performance
c) situation/matchup
d) limit him to make him available against GSU

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Re: Start Exprienced guy

So, start King?... even with the aforementioned (another thread) pitch count.

BTW... Did King get pulled Sun for
a) injury
b) poor performance
c) situation/matchup
d) limit him to make him available against GSU
I would guess C or D.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
I wouldn't say poor performance but he faced 2 batters and had one hit and one walk. There was no reason this weekend to let anyone get down on themselves and not feel good about what they were doing. There were a couple of times on Sunday that Danny pulled the pitcher on the first visit. It's a young staff and you don't want a pitcher to get down on themselves the first weekend. King was just back so no reason to let it go longer. He pitched well. Actually thought he should have had an out but didn't get a call... Pitching is a mental position it's better to pull them and move on to the next one instead of having someone stew on a performance this early.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is great. First game I've been able to watch from opening pitch.

Up 1-0 with 1 out. Kel struck out but probably got 9 pitches before going down on a 3-2 count. His eye at the plate.

Now up 2-0. 1 out. A couple/three hits and a walk. We are going to wear this Fr pitcher out with 22+ pitches and 1 out.

Need to get Parr a nice cushion.

Update: Another walk and wild pitch, GT 3-0. The Ga Southern pitcher has 27 pitches with an out. He'll be gone soon I fearlessly predict.

Yet anouther update: ANother SO and we only get 5 on 40 itches

Another update: a SO and a hit. GT 5-0. Austin (9th hitter) up.......

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kel makes a great play at first in the second inning!!!!!! Oh yeah, another HR to lead off 3rd. (yawn) Now 6-0.

I'll watch the baseball game all the way. Then maybe switch over to the basketball game near the end. For basketball, it seems to be the last 10 minutes that count.

Fricking FSU loses again....... there goes our RPI :devil:

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great gold glove play by Kel in 6th to take away a smash up the line. Second great play of the night by Kel.

Datoc struggling. Gave up a run and left the bases loaded after Parr ran out of gas after 4.2 innings. But only gave up a run. So I expect we'll see another pitcher in the 7th for GT. Maybe Datoc get's the vulture win?

Under control at 7-2 but getting out of the 6th with bases loaded was big.

Update: Another Kel HR that cleared the fence by 60 feet that "could have cleared the Empire State Building". 8-2.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Laying it on pretty thick there, Nuke? (y)
Drinks on me in Omaha!!

I'll go to Omaha the next time GT goes ....... that's the plan. We can alternate rounds. Right now Irish Whiskey is drink of choice.

Damn, Austin just made a great throw from deep in the hole. Our D is looking really good.

Pitching outside of Datoc has been really solid too from Carpenter and Winborne. Datoc got lucky only giving up 1.

8-2 going into the ninth...... don't think we'll use Zac Attack tonight.

Update: Kel gets 3 HR in one game. Ironic thing is Southern changed pitchers with 2 outs in the ninth down 6 to pitch to Kel. Bitchin.

Last edited: