States that Produce the Most Talent Question

BRJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I have an earlier than expected offseason question for you beesball nuts...

I have been wondering which states produce the most baseball talent. Are any of you aware of any data regarding this?

BRJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I appreciate the input. I am mainly interested in talent produced in high school by state for college recruiting purposes. When I do a search for it with Google, it just returns results for basketball and football instead.

BRJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is some mlb data. Florida, California lead, but Georgia is third on a per capita basis. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/baseball-hotbeds-where-do-pro-baseball-players-come-from/

This is terrific! Thanks for finding and sharing.

The immediate outlier that I see is Connecticut. They are the only non sun belt state considered to be a “hot spot”. I was also surprised they top South Carolina in production (per capita). It will be interesting to see if Boston College can ever tap into that talent

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
www.collegebaseballinsights.com is ridiculous with data and detail about schools, programs, recruits, GPA, test scores, positions, etc.
https://community.hsbaseballweb.com/topic/ncaa-d1-participation-by-state-freshman-class#lastReply
Here's a map where the 233 Texas players went
C will get to shade in GA next year.
upload_2020-5-15_7-32-20.png

% of students from each state going D1 from HS (most come from GA, VA, and FL
upload_2020-5-15_7-31-10.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

BRJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I have an earlier than expected offseason question for you beesball nuts...

I have been wondering which states produce the most baseball talent. Are any of you aware of any data regarding this?

These are all terrific. I really appreciate all of the responses, and I love the visuals!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Here are all your D1-3 and you can see Central and East has the most College Density therefore draw too....

Wow, from those maps, not a surprise that West coast teams have problems scheduling quality opponents...

If I'm not mistaken, Tech was supposed to head to UCLA next year. Will be disappointing if we can't do so.