• Point Break

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Road House

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Both are brilliant works of cinema, but which is your favorite and why - Point Break or Road House?

I love both, but Point Break barely edges out Road House, possibly due to this one scene.

It really is neck & neck though.

Milwaukee

Banned
Point Break. But it's the "Where am I gonna go man, theres cliffs on both sides, I'm not gonna PADDLE to New Zealand!!!!" scene that edges it.

Roadhouse best scene is when one of the smartass bouncers asks Dalton if he's supposed to not take it personally if someone calls his momma a whore and Dalton replies with "Is she?".

This is probably the best thread I've ever witnessed.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Point Break. But it's the "Where am I gonna go man, theres cliffs on both sides, I'm not gonna PADDLE to New Zealand!!!!" scene that edges it.

Roadhouse best scene is when one of the smartass bouncers asks Dalton if he's supposed to not take it personally if someone calls his momma a whore and Dalton replies with "Is she?".

This is probably the best thread I've ever witnessed.

Those are both GREAT scenes!

I can watch either of these movies any time they're on. Road House was on last night.

You still surfing?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
maxresdefault.jpg

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Fantastic thread.

Road House for me but by the slimmest of margins. This is an 8/9 matchup for the ages.

The only negative for Point Break was Lori Petty. I just....hated that character.
The part where they are in the van and Swayze says: "The little hand says its time to ROCK AND ROLL" is one of my favorite clips ever.

Road House has too many quotable lines and Sam Elliott edges out Gary Busey. Again by the slimmest of margins. "Whats goin on mijo?"

You wanna fight?

Well I wasn't gonna ask you to suck my ****

Milwaukee

Banned
I still get a kick out of Busey having Keanu go grab him 2 fully loaded giant meatball sandos, and Keanu also gets a tuna on wheat with 2 lemonades and the grand total is still 7 dollars and change. Love the 90s.

And Dalton got to pay a hundred dollars a month for a kickass bachelor pad out in the country, because that kept Emmett in the good graces of the church. No a/c was the only negative. That was a shag pad for sure.