Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
He’s doing a selfie sing along video to a song on the radio with a big happy smile on his face.

Well, that can be taken several different ways:

1. The coaches have convinced him he has a long term position on the team, and they are going to do everything to help him reach the "league".
2. He has settled on entering the transfer portal, and now that it is over, he is relieved. (kind of like I felt after finals every quarter at GT - I was doing some singing - did not even care how I did; just glad it was over)
3. Other

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
All that video tells me is he won't be at the game tomorrow since he's driving around and not on a plane.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I get not shattering a kids confidence. But we’ve yet to see Gleason yet. And if he isn’t hitting the open man, why not try your hand with Gleason?

trust me I’m hyped on Sims too. But the dude hasn’t hit one deep ball yet. So please explain

Deleted member 2897

I get not shattering a kids confidence. But we’ve yet to see Gleason yet. And if he isn’t hitting the open man, why not try your hand with Gleason?

trust me I’m hyped on Sims too. But the dude hasn’t hit one deep ball yet. So please explain

Depends on your definition of deep ball, but if it’s a pass that is farther than 20 yards in the air, that’s not true. Also, when a guy has half as many total yards as last years QB but has only played 2 games this year, that seems a bit nit picky. He’s completing almost 30% more passes than we did last year and at 25% higher in yards per attempt. His average yards per catch is 13, so it’s not like we’re throwing 3-5 yard dinks and dunks.

You’re right that he’s not throwing 40 yard bombs to Brown, but that’s an extremely low hit rate anyway.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

He will, just give it time. I’m so pleased that he is able to keep drives going with amazing touch on short/intermediate throws and runs that I could care less about low percentage deep stuff at this point. It will come as he learns how to read the field and as he learns from his mistakes. This kid is going to put us on the freaking map again.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why are you obsessed with the deep ball?

Deep balls are all ...

rg.gif

MidtownJacket

Staff member
But the deep balls are just

SO
giphy.gif

DARN
giphy.gif

PRETTY
giphy.gif

Edit: My gifs don't work :( Why?
Not enough juice. Haha but frfr I have no idea. They show up in the text editor as I was typing this message. Then don’t load when I post either. May be that the mods put in something that checks for content© and don’t let it post?

BuzzinWreck

Banned
just hope they won't start rotating the QB. Sims can learn from mistakes.
JG could still run out of a wildcat or do well at another position. Hope he stayin.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As awesome as Sims has been for a true freshmen...ya'll know the we've got a REALLY talented passer coming next year, right? He's not on Sims's level in terms of athleticism and speed, but that dude's passing is gonna put some heat on Sims.

Iron sharpens iron. Peery coming in and putting pressure on Sims is nothing but good for GT.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
With Mason out, I’d like to see Gleason come in for some Red-zone snaps. He’s a fluid downhill runner and his size (~225) is a plus.

LibertyTurns

Banned
As awesome as Sims has been for a true freshmen...ya'll know the we've got a REALLY talented passer coming next year, right? He's not on Sims's level in terms of athleticism and speed, but that dude's passing is gonna put some heat on Sims.

Iron sharpens iron. Peery coming in and putting pressure on Sims is nothing but good for GT.
This is where QB roster management is going to be critical. You need a good starter AND guys in the pipe that are willing to work hard to improve their skills while not playing & be ready to start when needed or when the starter graduates/ leaves for the NFL. There’s always a chance they come in & win the job but that should be more the exception than the rule. We can’t just have all our back ups chasing their dream elsewhere. Leaves you with a single point failure.