Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

finalbuzzer

Georgia Tech Fan
I think all the speculation about Ken S. crossing a line are off the mark. I voted for Sims as starter when he had less than 10% of the early vote simply based on the remarks that the coaches had made about his work and skills during the preseason. You don't speak that highly of a freshman QB if you are not likely to start him. It puts too much pressure on the returning starter for little gain.

If that was apparent to me I guarantee FSU has been planning on Sims for some time now (to the extent you can scheme for someone on which you only have HS film). Ken did not let anything out of the bag.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I figured JG would start over a true freshman in the first game. Actually I am more interested in who FINISHES the game today. That tells me more about the performance of the starter.
Without any direct knowledge of how each QB has performed in practice (which it appears no one on this site has), this is clearly the most logical speculation. In the big picture, given our lack of Oline depth, our season will be much more impacted by the health of our Oline than who starts at QB. I'm just thrilled it appears we have great depth of candidates at QB. Personally, after watching Sims in the ESPN HS All-star game (whatever it's called) last year, I can't wait to watch that kid - he was dynamic in every way. Most important, he appeared to have an accurate arm...

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
If it wouldn't hurt Sims feelings so much to not get the start if he earned it, I think at this point I'd make sure the first play was anyone but Sims just to make the press wrong...again. :) But that's just me, and I am certainly not the person who you'd put in charge of either keeping good press relations or winning football games. But if you have a need for a contrary curmudgeon, then look me up!

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
It's unofficially "announced" on numerous services this am (including AJC) that Sims is the starter...Looking forward to watching him mature - that dude has some serious tools...

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If one (or more) of the other QBs is showing enough to take the job from [Graham], especially one of the freshmen, I see that as a very good sign.

I stand by what I said a couple weeks ago. Graham had the talent to be pretty good (at times) and experience. If Sims has firmly beaten him out for the job, that's amazing. CDP said we'd be pretty excited to watch 'the guy'. I am 🤬 EXCITED! :buzz:!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guys...go back to the Elite 11 episodes Sims was on. Sims is a baller, and it's just not his physical skillset. The guy can process defenses and information at a high level and execute the plays given to him. He was one of the better QBs on the show...and it was filled with the elite of the elite across the country. He wasn't competing against scrubs.

Now you combine that with his physical tools, and you can see the upside the coaches love in Sims. There are gonna be some WTF moments, but there will also be some "HOLY SH!T" moments as well.

Sit back and enjoy GT fans...GT football is about to kick off. Let's f$cking go!!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Guys...go back to the Elite 11 episodes Sims was on. Sims is a baller, and it's just not his physical skillset. The guy can process defenses and information at a high level and execute the plays given to him. He was one of the better QBs on the show...and it was filled with the elite of the elite across the country. He wasn't competing against scrubs.

Now you combine that with his physical tools, and you can see the upside the coaches love in Sims. There are gonna be some WTF moments, but there will also be some "HOLY SH!T" moments as well.

Sit back and enjoy GT fans...GT football is about to kick off. Let's f$cking go!!!!
Being I starting drinking a little early I'm confused which is good the WTF moments or the HOLY SH!t moments ? I hate to get it wrong.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m glad it’s either Sims or Graham. You either have to play the best talent or go with the experience. The other options just did not seem to make sense. They are likely good back ups, but not what we need now.

Stand by to regurgitate this argument next year. We got a stud coming in and he’s going to give Sims a run for his money.