Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you start with gin in the early afternoon, the starting qb question could be moot by gametime.

It takes discipline. Self control. Willpower. Words that I use as a backbone of a life spent watching GT FB. You use them as a punchline. This can be done and the game and starting QB remembered even the next morning. I know, cause I've seen myself do it. ;)

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
This article definitely implies JG as the starter. And I am perfectly fine with that, or any others for that matter!
Not to say it isn’t James but in the press conference coach P was only specifically asked about Graham’s progress since last year. When coach was asked who would start, he said tune in at 3:30 on Saturday. I suspect he would have had positive things to say about all the QBs if he was asked to describe their progress.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If this is the same numbers for a poll come week 5. It means we are 0-4.
Screenshot_20200909-212749_Chrome.jpg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
and with what purpose is this post? Stop with the 0-4 ****, not happening
Purpose of the post is supposed to be comical. If the fanbase has no clue who will start among the four at QB come week 5 we will more than likely be 0 and 4. If you have 2 QBs you have none. If you have 4 QBs you have a problem.

QB is someone we need to settle on and early. Ride out the lumps with like we did with Graham last year.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw a scroll on ESPN that said we were not naming a starter but that Graham and Sims lead. Not sure where they got that info but I feel I saw it somewhere else as well.

I saw that article, information in it seemed to point toward a writer without much unique insight into the program. Just rehashed themes already known about the team. I suspect that the "Graham and Sims" lead is because they're the top 2 names on the ATL chart and writer didn't realize that's only because of jersey #.

Deleted member 2897

It takes discipline. Self control. Willpower. Words that I use as a backbone of a life spent watching GT FB. You use them as a punchline. This can be done and the game and starting QB remembered even the next morning. I know, cause I've seen myself do it. ;)

And our existence here, while grotesque.....

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not naming the starter is getting a lot of attention in the media and Collins is great at that. It creates interest and some media coverage. It gives FSU more to prepare for. JG is the only one of the 4 with any meaningful game film. They can only speculate on the others. It would take time for them to make defensive adjustments with a different skill set at QB.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I hate that people are using Russell Wilson and kyler Murray as comparisons. The blatant truth is Yates paled at Milton high school, where he was throwing over linemen who were 6’2 -6’5, the kids ha thrown over those tall lineman in high school so there is doubtin my mind that IF he starts, the line wont be an issue

I was more making a point that short quarterbacks don't have issues throwing over tall lines its just about creating throwing lanes.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Since we are discussing QB heights, has anyone mentioned that JG is only listed as 1" taller than Yates on the roster. I can see 3-4 inches making a difference, but only 1 inch doesn't strike me as a real differentiator.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Since we are discussing QB heights, has anyone mentioned that JG is only listed as 1" taller than Yates on the roster. I can see 3-4 inches making a difference, but only 1 inch doesn't strike me as a real differentiator.
Just putting this out there ahead of time. If Yates does not play, it's not necessarily because of his height. That is a message board narrative, which like most things re: QB speculation in this thread is based on a 10 second press conference sound bite.