Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
This article definitely implies JG as the starter. And I am perfectly fine with that, or any others for that matter!
Agreed it certainly sounds like Graham may be the starter with Sims being the package guy that will come in if Graham needs to come out to settle down.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This article definitely implies JG as the starter. And I am perfectly fine with that, or any others for that matter!
Agreed it certainly sounds like Graham may be the starter with Sims being the package guy that will come in if Graham needs to come out to settle down.

I don't draw anything from it. You can watch the press conference for yourself. That's the only material the author seems to have been privy to in writing the article. After talking about the approach to QB in the FSU game and having named internally the #1 guy which we'll be finding out who it is at 3:30 on Saturday, the very next question to Dave P. was about Graham's progress as a QB. He offered that praise because he was specifically asked about Graham. While I think it's genuine and represents real improvement which we should all be happy about, it really doesn't to me indicate that he is the #1 guy. Actually, my take is if Graham were the #1 guy, he would have intentionally downplayed his response especially since that question immediately followed his opener on how we were going to handle QB. Of course that's still reading between the lines with no actual concrete information. Regardless of who steps on the field on game day, it's pretty clear the staff feels confident we are far ahead of a year ago at the position.

Deleted member 2897

Does anyone remember a time, ever, when a P5 school could have posted the same preseason poll and have 4 different quarterbacks receive 20%+ of the vote?

Related, I can't think of a QB depth chart precedent of 1 sophomore and 3 freshmen.

A couple years ago we didn’t know which of 4 QBs it would be and CPJ put OR for all 4 QBs on the first game depth chart.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
This article/blog seems to think Sims is the starter.

That writer answering questions for GT seems very confident with his answer. Not sure where he's getting that confidence.

FWIW, I also think it'll be Sims. But at least I'm acknowledging that it's a guess.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
All of our minds will be mush by Saturday rolls around trying to decipher who is gonna take the field for us on game day lol

only 3 more days gentleman. 3. Days. I don’t count today. Wednesday is almost over lol

GT_EE78

Banned
This article/blog seems to think Sims is the starter.

didn't wanna start a new thread but this was at a linked article from there and FUNNY (mods-feel free to move if you know a better spot)
1599682632373.jpeg

In the picture above you see legendary Crimson Tide coach Paul “Bear” Bryant wearing an Alabama helmet. Where is his traditional houndstooth hat? Is this some forgotten coaching history? No – he is literally dressed in his professional coaching attire. He just has a helmet on. Why? Due to Tech’s hatred of Alabama and the Bear, it was unsafe to walk by the fans without a helmet. Two years earlier, he dodged bottles of alcohol. In 1964, Bryant took precautions – thus, the helmet. This was the last meeting between Georgia Tech and Alabama as conference mates.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
All of our minds will be mush by Saturday rolls around trying to decipher who is gonna take the field for us on game day lol

only 3 more days gentleman. 3. Days. I don’t count today. Wednesday is almost over lol

I am struggling more with my choice of (at home) tailgate food. Wings or brisket? Beans, slaw or potato salad?Beer or gin? I have got my hands full and need Geoff and Co. to take care of the details on their end for me. We all need to do our assignments if we are going to come out with a W this week.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I am struggling more with my choice of (at home) tailgate food. Wings or brisket? Beans, slaw or potato salad?Beer or gin? I have got my hands full and need Geoff and Co. to take care of the details on their end for me. We all need to do our assignments if we are going to come out with a W this week.
I can help you out. Wings. Beer. And a win against FSU

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you start with gin in the early afternoon, the starting qb question could be moot by gametime.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A couple years ago we didn’t know which of 4 QBs it would be and CPJ put OR for all 4 QBs on the first game depth chart.
Wow, you're right. Forgot about that. Jordan, Marshall, Johnson, Jones. 2 juniors, 2 frosh.

Not sure they would have split the vote evenly. If I recall, Jordan was the presumed heir apparent if not for injuries, which we didn't have a ton of insight into. My guess is Jordan and Marshall would have taken 80%+ of the vote.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My prediction is that no matter who starts the game there will be people on this forum calling for one of the backups to be named the starter.
Hahaha.. As I think about this more I am convinced JG will get the start and Sims will get a few series. They are both SingleDigitDudes™ so it makes sense they would start the season as the favorites.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
didn't wanna start a new thread but this was at a linked article from there and FUNNY (mods-feel free to move if you know a better spot)
View attachment 8951
In the picture above you see legendary Crimson Tide coach Paul “Bear” Bryant wearing an Alabama helmet. Where is his traditional houndstooth hat? Is this some forgotten coaching history? No – he is literally dressed in his professional coaching attire. He just has a helmet on. Why? Due to Tech’s hatred of Alabama and the Bear, it was unsafe to walk by the fans without a helmet. Two years earlier, he dodged bottles of alcohol. In 1964, Bryant took precautions – thus, the helmet. This was the last meeting between Georgia Tech and Alabama as conference mates.
My dad was at GT during that time. He said they hated Bama because they came out snd “surveyed” the field in their suits. I now see what he meant. Thanks.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Wings and brisket. Beans, slaw and potato salad. Beer and gin! I have got my hands full and need Geoff and Co. to take care of the details on their end for me. We all need to do our assignments if we are going to come out with a W this week.
FTFU