Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I believe Graham will start and play three series until someone else gets in with their package of plays. I can't see Graham being THE guy for the season especially knowing who else we've got but I believe he starts the season as No. 1.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
JG is a tough kid. He took some big hits on several long throws last year. He knew he would be hit and still made some big throws. His ability to make the short and intermediate throws will define how much he plays. I think he starts this game just based on his experience on a big stage but don't expect him to take all the snaps. I think Yates is first off the bench.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol, as if anyone can name all the schools in the ACC. Outside of Clemson, no one cares.

Also
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Cal
AZ
ASU
Oregon
OSU (Where Stansbury came from)
WSU
WU
Colorado
Utah
The ACC can’t really beat it chest over them.

lol folks on this board sound like Vandy fans beating their chest about being in the SEC.

Just bc we are in the south, we are not Clemson and Alabama. In fact, we got boat raced last year in probably the worst division in college football.

Deleted member 2897

lol folks on this board sound like Vandy fans beating their chest about being in the SEC.

Just bc we are in the south, we are not Clemson and Alabama. In fact, we got boat raced last year in probably the worst division in college football.

Fake Boos.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
With 193 votes in and the leading vote-getter at 36.8%, all we can state conclusively is that a majority of folks on a message board are wrong. Go figure.

And Dunning and Kruger have taught us that the more wrong we are, the more convinced we are that we, do in fact know more than the coaches over who should be starting, playing, etc! :p

D-man44

Helluva Engineer

Tbf tech does play UGA (best team in the SEC East over the last decade) and Clemson (one of the best teams in the country) every year. We all knew it was going to be a tough rebuild and I do think Paul’s schemes would work better out west.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Andy Demetra is on Packer and Durham right now. Essentially, just coach speak. A synopsis, for whatever it's worth:

-They've all had moments where they look like they should be the starter.
-We will likely see multiple QBs on Saturday.
-He did not offer a guess.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
One thing I am surprised not to see speculation about, and I don't think it's worthy of a thread, but....who's gonna kick, ya'll?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
well guess after looking at the ATL I need to change the start back to Graham with Sims getting some play time.
I don't think this was a large surprise to see all 4 of them listed. The staff isn't going to show their hand until the first snap. I wouldn't even be surprised if we see multiple dudes warming up in the pregame session.. Speaking of, does anyone know if we are bringing the sideline gym approach into 2020?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
After watching the Norvell video this morning I think CGC is waiting to annouce the starting QB as a way to make FSU prepare for more things and not be able to focus on one style of play. There are definitely mind games at play in college football.

Definitely zero strategic reason for CGC to name a starter ahead of time.

Seems like CPJ did the same vs UT a couple years back. Would have worked like gangbusters if we had a defense.