Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Can we stop with the condescending P'nut stuff? We are number 19 in total offense at 453 yds/game with a freshman QB, freshman RB and freshman RT.

This compares to 285 yds/game for 2019 season. These numbers are not QB stats. The improvement is team improvement. It's a team sport.

The improvement also shows how important recruiting is. We're not there yet, but we are gaining ground. Be patient.
Sure. Can we also stop with the condescending stuff about CPJ and all of the players he recruited?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Sims was not under a ton of pressure in this game either like he was against Syracuse. The best thing we can do to help him succeed is to protect him. If given time he usually is pretty accurate and makes plays.
That one play across the middle to Carter for the TD he was on the move and threw it perfectly. I say we roll out of the pocket more and let him throw to guys across the middle.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It was one guy who took the thread in that direction and he has some kind of personal loyalty to Graham. He has also gotten quiet. Now you are the one keeping it going.
There are posts just from today desperately trying to prove how much better Sims is than Graham. Sorry I forced users to post those.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It is a thread on QB speculation so you should expect honest assessment of the QBs and their skill sets. Why must that have anything to do with the previous coach? You choose to take it that way so that is on you.
Yes, an honest assessment between one QB who is now the ingrained starter and another who isn’t even ATL at the position. Give me a break with that nonsense.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes, an honest assessment between one QB who is now the ingrained starter and another who isn’t even ATL at the position. Give me a break with that nonsense.

Again, no one was talking about Graham until one poster kept incessantly pleading the case for him to start and people responded. I hope Graham finds a role to thrive in on our team. Peace out.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Again, no one was talking about Graham until one poster kept incessantly pleading the case for him to start and people responded. I hope Graham finds a role to thrive in on our team. Peace out.
He made one comment about Graham possibly not being terrible and it brought out a parade of people attacking him, and even still pleading their case today. In your world maybe that is his fault for expressing an opinion. It’s pretty obvious what is really going on though even if you want to pretend it’s not.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He made one comment about Graham possibly not being terrible and it brought out a parade of people attacking him, and even still pleading their case today. In your world maybe that is his fault for expressing an opinion. It’s pretty obvious what is really going on though even if you want to pretend it’s not.

BS. He went on months and months hyping up Graham and nobody was saying anything about it. Just believing in Graham isn't what got people on him. He called Graham the next Joe Ham and nobody said anything. But he obviously got salty when his boy didn't win the starting job and took it to overhype Graham and try to rewrite history about last year. However, he got called out when it became obvious it was just some sort of personal connection to Graham rather than an opinion on what was best for GT. He called for Sims to be benched multiple times, and it was always in favor of the same player.

Here is one of his posts and it wasn't unique in it's message.

"We just lost to a bottom 20 team and you guys are still defending Sims, all I can say is WOW! With what I’m seeing on social media, the team isnt backing Sims anymore either"

Sorry, if you don't see why that kind of comment got people on his case then you probably aren't on the right forum. And guess what, he hasn't shown up after a big win. Probably because Sims played great and we won. But if we struggle next week against Clemson, which is likely, there is a very high chance he'll be back here calling for Graham again.

LibertyTurns

Banned
When Sims committed I posted “coaches are made or broken by their QBs”.

CGC is riding the horse he brought in. Can’t blame him. His tenure and the health of the program is largely dependent on his QB’s play. I like Graham and was interested in seeing how he’s play with better blocking, but there appeared to be issues with him getting to campus (may have been legit but a bad look) and there’s apparently been issues with his effort (I’d bench him just for that). Yates, we’ll I think we’ve seen enough. Gleason has no track record other than HS. In my opinion his tenure at Plant was unremarkable, not bad but not great. Sims was a highly rated HS QB. He’s shown to be what he was advertised to be. Now he & the staff need to develop. Any thoughts we’re shifting gears now is folly. Just ain’t happening.

Maybe next year the kid from California comes in and knocks everyone’s socks off. I think that kid will be the steady emergency long term back up, but will RS in order to have QBs in the future on the staff capable of taking over when the time comes. Gleason will probably be next year’s mop up guy. Not sure what Graham’s future is but he did or didn‘t do something to be scratched.