Starting QB next year.

A

Agree that he has a lot to prove to be in same discussion w tebow.

I think he wants to be a tebow type drew bres. There is no future in being a tebow. But being a passer like db with a touch of tebow durability is a money maker.

Sam E qb at ut is a soph so we will see what he does. Yesterday he ran an offense that whipped ugag. I love the guy.

We had 100 yes in 3 quarters against uga.

UT looked pretty dang good.

Ehlinger (sp?) ain't what Texas needs despite the win over UGA, dude had 170 yds passing in the Sugar Bowl

In 2019 Ehlinger is gonna get them upset 3 times in the Reg season putting up Stats like that, the team won despite him, running QB draws is not what you want to build your team around, it's cute for pulling 1 upset, not good for trying to overtake OU

I'll just leave this here:

What this means is that we need to bring in a guy that's gonna install a Big12 type Offense here at GT, Kingsbury already took the USCw-OC job and now the NFL is looking at him, No one wants Kendal Briles that took another OC job, maybe we can find a QB coach with Big12 ties

Be nice to bring a Big12 type OU-type Offense to GT

I'm hoping Mack Brown doesn't bring one to Chapel Hill

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Ehlinger (sp?) ain't what Texas needs despite the win over UGA, dude had 170 yds passing in the Sugar Bowl

In 2019 Ehlinger is gonna get them upset 3 times in the Reg season putting up Stats like that, the team won despite him, running QB draws is not what you want to build your team around, it's cute for pulling 1 upset, not good for trying to overtake OU

Really? And what do you base your "expert opinion" on? In TX 4 losses he was 91 for 153 1249 yards 9 tds 3 ints. Sounds to me he played his a** off trying to get TX a win. Why y'all hated on Ehringer is beyond me, all the young man has done is help get TX get back to what they once were and y'all are crying like 5 year olds. Oh and just for ****z and grins can anyone point put where anyone has disparaged timmy boy in any way? He was a great collegiate QB like a number of QBs over the last few decades.

Oh and he added 5 rushing tds in thos 4 losses

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I have a lot of friends in Texas that have a different opinion. There are different opinions that I find interesting to listen to

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This dude is a murderer when he hits people, but dang he's got to improve his get-off at the snap. In most of the clips where he's playing on the line, he's the last one up and sometimes by almost a full second. Maybe he'd be better on offense where he knows the snap count instead of reacting, but that definitely needs to improve.
Yes those highlights were fun to watch. He put several kids on their back. One early clip though sounded like it came from the opposing team's film when you heard someone say "crap...Avery!" as if a kid named Avery let the play blow up. :)

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow

I can’t tell exactly what you mean by ‘pulling 1 upset, not good for trying to overtake OU.’ But you do realize Texas beat OU in the regular season right? Then Ehlinger threw for 349 against OU in the Big 12 title game. Hard to beat a good team twice in the same season.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sophomore Passing Stats
Tebow 3286 yards 32 tds 6 ints 66.9% comp
Ehlinger 3292 yards 25 tds 5 ints 64.7% comp

Rushing Stats
Tebow 210 rushes 895 yards 23 tds
Ehlinger 164 rushes 482 yards 16 tds

Looks to me like Ehlinger doesn't has to take much of a back seat to Tebow
I've seen the kid play twice now and he reminds me a lot of Tebow. They are very similar in the challenges they present. Tebow was a great decision maker, accurate enough, and more physical than pretty much any other QB in history, so is Ehlinger. Having an elusive QB as a dual threat is great. Having and elusive QB, who will also truck your MIKE, as a dual threat covers a lot more sins. This game is about moving the sticks. 3 extra yards on every tuck and run makes a huge difference.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I can’t tell exactly what you mean by ‘pulling 1 upset, not good for trying to overtake OU.’ But you do realize Texas beat OU in the regular season right? Then Ehlinger threw for 349 against OU in the Big 12 title game. Hard to beat a good team twice in the same season.

This is the same guy that stalked Vad Lee's Twitter feed telling him not to come to GT. He's a troll and isn't worth engaging with.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I've seen the kid play twice now and he reminds me a lot of Tebow. They are very similar in the challenges they present. Tebow was a great decision maker, accurate enough, and more physical than pretty much any other QB in history, so is Ehlinger. Having an elusive QB as a dual threat is great. Having and elusive QB, who will also truck your MIKE, as a dual threat covers a lot more sins. This game is about moving the sticks. 3 extra yards on every tuck and run makes a huge difference.

The biggest difference to me is that Tebow was seemingly farther ahead at this point in his career. It also helped that Tebow played on a National Championship team from the start.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ehlinger threw for 3500 yards and 25 TDS. He’s much more of a passer than runner.

He ran for 482 and mostly was a short yardage/goaline option.
Yes, I know. I wasn't commenting on his whole season, but on the Sugar Bowl. In that game he played QB the way I think we will have to next year in order to win. I have said the same thing here about the way UVA has sculpted its O to fit Perkins.

Too bad Tim Byerly isn't still around. Talk about someone who could light things up in a shotgun spread!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I know. I wasn't commenting on his whole season, but on the Sugar Bowl. In that game he played QB the way I think we will have to next year in order to win. I have said the same thing here about the way UVA has sculpted its O to fit Perkins.

Too bad Tim Byerly isn't still around. Talk about someone who could light things up in a shotgun spread!

In last 11 years it's been feast or famine at gt qb. Loved byerly - still can see the pass to Smelter(??) in spring game.

The Perkins kid came from Arizona- 3 star. 855 rating.( maybe he passed a lot in hs) is a star in the making. He is in command , can pass, and when needed can run very effectively. He stops and throws darts.
We have so talented athletes at qb, so let's hope they are dart throwers like perkins.