Starting Field Position

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is one of the areas we can see the "cheapest" improvement in game outcomes this year. With very little time devoted to it, I think we can improve our starting field position by at least 10 yards on average, maybe more.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think this is one of the areas we can see the "cheapest" improvement in game outcomes this year. With very little time devoted to it, I think we can improve our starting field position by at least 10 yards on average, maybe more.
All the offense has to do is a get an extra first down on drives plus the defense to get a few stops and it will probably negate Harvin’s loss and get us those extra 10 yds. Thta’s not much of an ask for an offense that was riddled with injuries & seemed out of place often coupled with a defense that seemed to break on occasion for a variety of reasons.

The wins & losses argument is tough because a couple of plays or player injuries may swing your record wildly, but a stat like field position demonstrates overall performance throughout the entire game. Field position is a general competitiveness stat for the Team. I’m betting we’ll see a substantial improvement here. If not, I’ll be shocked. We’ve got way too many upgrades, much more experience, etc to not see it this year.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Having a FG kicker who can make kicks helps the defense out a lot.
That and making better decisions on kickoff returns. It seemed like 75% of returns we were trying to run it from 3 yards deep in the endzone, and we rarely passed the 25. Also, if one of the kickers can kick it our of the endzone on kickoffs, that would help a lot too.