Star Debate/Ratings thread

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He has a cut of his Senior film that was sent to me...I will see if I can upload it somewhere and get it posted.

Henry is only a RS Freshman.

WR in this offense has to mean something in out offense since we have put 2 WR's in the league out of the CPJ offense...soon to be 3. I wonder how many other pro style college offense have done that.

Plenty of teams .. Come on
Cone just got passed up by a undrafted rookie and is regulated to special teams
Hill not even gonna mention. Does he even speak positively of Tech
Love Bey Bey (wasn't a PJ recruit)

Anyway

Not gonna question the kids ability, he looks like a fine athlete. 3.6 GPA is great. A little tired of projects though. Would be nice to have an immediate impact player coming in.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
My response is that the rating services go to national combines, games, film, and offers. I think that if our top stared players at a position of need have committed elsewhere, then we would take the 2 or a low rated 3 star, and the staff will of course say very positive things about the non rated or 2 star recruit. They would not say " hey we got a commitment from Tom Jones, but he is not a div. player, but hey he wants to be on the deans list in architecture!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Plenty of teams .. Come on
Cone just got passed up by a undrafted rookie and is regulated to special teams
Hill not even gonna mention. Does he even speak positively of Tech
Love Bey Bey (wasn't a PJ recruit)

Anyway

Not gonna question the kids ability, he looks like a fine athlete. 3.6 GPA is great. A little tired of projects though. Would be nice to have an immediate impact player coming in.

Show me some evidence...Since you think plenty of teams have done it show me some evidence on how many receivers GT has put in the league the last 5 years that are on active rosters compared to other schools...I bet it's more than a lot of other schools. Please look it up.

Thomas wasn't a CPJ recruit, but he developed well under CPJ and raves about Coach Johnson.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Look up ol. david sharpe who is a 4 star by scout. Note the offers. Now pick any ol. who have committed to us. Note their offers. What that tells me is that Sharpe guy IS the one I want. Now all we need are about 4 to 6 like that and with this staff we get out of that 7 win saga and go to a 9 or 10 win seasons. It is NOT the coaching staff but rather that D--n hill. Now one thing for sure. And I am adamant is that we DO have great character kids in our program. I DO NOT WANT TO STOOP TO THE THUGS AT THE CESSPOOL. NO MATTER WHAT! I am a detention officer at the county jail, and I can assure you that I see first hand bad actors REALLY are. I hope that the staff can coach up this kind class to keep the bowl streak intact. But you all can see how hard of a job that is. With our 17 straight bowl appearances with the hill self inflicting hurts is quite amazing! That coach at uga would NOT get to a bowl period. MY HAT IS tipped to the whole coaching staff at Tech. This is my last post on this matter.

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
If you are caring about top players at their respective position according to the recruiting services opinion

Andrew Marshall >Sharpe

Regardless welcome to the Flats Simmons.
I am happy you picked Tech

Last edited:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Show me some evidence...Since you think plenty of teams have done it show me some evidence on how many receivers GT has put in the league the last 5 years that are on active rosters compared to other schools...I bet it's more than a lot of other schools. Please look it u

Thomas wasn't a CPJ recruit, but he developed well under CPJ and raves about Coach Johnson.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/m
You won't have a hard time finding them.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just looking at the teams from the "m's" (link), there may be 1 team that has put more wide receivers in the pros than us in the last 5 years (as Eric said). Looking just at "wide receivers", Miami only has 3 that are 5 yrs or less.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I went through the whole list. The teams that had at least 3 WR in the NFL are Baylor, Cal (who has 5), Cincinnati, Florida (who has 6), uga (who has 4), GT (who has 4), Hawaii, LSU (who has 5), Maryland, Miami Fl (who has 6, 7 if you count Devin Hester who is listed as a kick returner), Michigan (who has 4, including Denard Robinson), Michigan St, Ole Miss, Mizzou (who has 4), North Carolina, Ohio State (who has 6), Rutgers (who has 4), San Diego St, USCe, SMU, Stanford, Tennessee (who has 4), Texas Tech, Toledo (who has 4), USC, Virginia Tech. Now let's see which teams in the BCS top 25 are not in this select group: Alabama (BCS #1), Florida State (BCS #2), Oregon (BCS #3), Clemson (BCS #7), Auburn (9), Oklahoma (10), Oklahoma State (14), Texas A&M (15), Fresno State (16), NIU (18), UCLA (19), Louisville (20), UCF (21), Arizona State (22), Notre Dame (23), Wisconsin (24). For those counting, that's more than half of the BCS top 25. The point of all of this: Having three WR in the NFL is a very select group and GT should be proud that they have done it.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
bat_08: 14087 said:
I went through the whole list. The teams that had at least 3 WR in the NFL are Baylor, Cal (who has 5), Cincinnati, Florida (who has 6), uga (who has 4), GT (who has 4), Hawaii, LSU (who has 5), Maryland, Miami Fl (who has 6, 7 if you count Devin Hester who is listed as a kick returner), Michigan (who has 4, including Denard Robinson), Michigan St, Ole Miss, Mizzou (who has 4), North Carolina, Ohio State (who has 6), Rutgers (who has 4), San Diego St, USCe, SMU, Stanford, Tennessee (who has 4), Texas Tech, Toledo (who has 4), USC, Virginia Tech. Now let's see which teams in the BCS top 25 are not in this select group: Alabama (BCS #1), Florida State (BCS #2), Oregon (BCS #3), Clemson (BCS #7), Auburn (9), Oklahoma (10), Oklahoma State (14), Texas A&M (15), Fresno State (16), NIU (18), UCLA (19), Louisville (20), UCF (21), Arizona State (22), Notre Dame (23), Wisconsin (24). For those counting, that's more than half of the BCS top 25. The point of all of this: Having three WR in the NFL is a very select group and GT should be proud that they have done it.

Thanks. Very impressive.

So I would think there's not too many teams that have put out three WR's in the league in the last 5 years that are on active rosters.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you only look at schools with WR from last 5 years, Baylor, Cincinnati, Hawaii, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, ole Miss, Missouri, UNC, San Diego St, SMU, USCe, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Toledo and Va Tech fall off that list.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

That's 26 Teams! That's plenty.. (We on a list with Toledo .. YAY)
Having 2 All Pros now that's special.
Other than that, there is nothing to brag about ..
Keep it moving.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Keep it moving.

Once again look up the list of how many people we have put into the league in the last 5 years that are on active NFL rosters at WR. I promise it's A LOT less than 26.

That list Toledo is on doesn't include Bama or FSU...YAY.

Nothing to see here besides Tech is one of the top schools in the nation in the last 5 years at putting WR's in the league.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If you only look at schools with WR from last 5 years, Baylor, Cincinnati, Hawaii, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, ole Miss, Missouri, UNC, San Diego St, SMU, USCe, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Toledo and Va Tech fall off that list.

So only 9 teams have at least three in the league in the last 5 years.

gtdrew

Banned
Keep it moving.
Why are you here? Seriously? You never have anything positive to say. You try to make us all feel like idiots for choosing a "glass half full" viewpoint, and you don't appear to be a fan of this team. Why don't you find a Stanford message board that will have you?

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are you here? Seriously? You never have anything positive to say. You try to make us all feel like idiots for choosing a "glass half full" viewpoint, and you don't appear to be a fan of this team. Why don't you find a Stanford message board that will have you?
Just cause someone isn't the same type of fan as you doesn't mean they arnt a fan. There are lots of different types of fans. Personally, I'd rather have a grumpy, pissed off fan than an unrealisticlly optomistic one who ****s sunshine and rainbows. Let's keep the discussions football related or we'll end up like ST.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Nothing to see here besides Tech is one of the top schools in the nation in the last 5 years at putting WR's in the league.

Two of which are arguably among the league's best. I can easily imagine myself as an unbiased third-party NFL-watching American citizen believing that Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in the league right now and possibly in the top 5 of all time.