Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Duncan was at the Clemson game and was apart of the DT ceremony at tech and helped out with the DT scholarship program.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
So the jet fuel could be characterized as "leaked" rather than "poured".

You can characterize it that way. I don't. There was a conscious decision not to do the deed on Sunday and let the team find out through social media knowing it had leaked. As a result, there are a lot of angry players and parents, some of whom are now considering leaving not simply because the coach was fired, but because of how it was handled, which flies directly in the face of the family environment we supposedly foster here at GT. Most of those parents/athletes knew this was coming, and had this been handled inhouse with them first, it wouldn't have caused the problems it has. We will see in the next few weeks, but don't be shocked if some big names hit the portal real soon.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
A little bit dramatic there. What ramifications? Collins may be upset? Who the heck cares. Some players are upset they didn’t get one last hug from their buddy? Who cares. The only ramifications is we finally got an inept person out of the program and many more will soon be joining him out the door.

No problems you would worry about I am sure. If you can't be bothered to read the entire post before responding with insults, I'm not going to bother to reexplain it to you.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Parents are upset how this was handled????

You mean to tell me that parents sat through years of garbage watching their kid get embarrassed and upset that their kid is getting an education/degree from Georgia Tech?

Yes. People far more intimately familiar with the program than you will ever be are upset, not because of the firing, but because of the way it was handled. It's easy for internet keyboard warriors to act cavalier about a firing, but this is a hard time for our student athletes and their families. Having boorish fans reveling in the coaches misery on social media isn't helping the cause either.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You can characterize it that way. I don't. There was a conscious decision not to do the deed on Sunday and let the team find out through social media knowing it had leaked. As a result, there are a lot of angry players and parents, some of whom are now considering leaving not simply because the coach was fired, but because of how it was handled, which flies directly in the face of the family environment we supposedly foster here at GT. Most of those parents/athletes knew this was coming, and had this been handled inhouse with them first, it wouldn't have caused the problems it has. We will see in the next few weeks, but don't be shocked if some big names hit the portal real soon.
A bunch of nothing. Let them all hit the portal. So we as GT alums are suppose to be worried about ”feelings” of people who got athletic scholarships for free admission into GT. And we are suppose to be worried about what their parents think? Come on man with that. Everyone in the college football world knew Collins was getting fired. And after we got smoked at home and then the debacle in Orlando yet they are upset they weren’t told first. Let them all portal out and take their parents with them. They brought nothing to GT except disappointment and they are the ones upset? This is bizarro world. And who ever said we have a family environment at GT? Is that something you have in your head? GT is a business and I’ve never felt any family environment at GT. Every person at GT is getting paid including the players so “feelings” have no place. You either succeed or go somewhere else. No different than at any other college. I’ll be waving goodbye with a smile to anyone who hits the portal. I’m sure we’ll miss those contributions during 100-0 and 42-0 they made.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
A bunch of nothing. Let them all hit the portal. So we as GT alums are suppose to be worried about ”feelings” of people who got athletic scholarships for free admission into GT. And we are suppose to be worried about what their parents think? Come on man with that. Everyone in the college football world knew Collins was getting fired. And after we got smoked at home and then the debacle in Orlando yet they are upset they weren’t told first. Let them all portal out and take their parents with them. They brought nothing to GT except disappointment and they are the ones upset? This is bizarro world. And who ever said we have a family environment at GT? Is that something you have in your head? GT is a business and I’ve never felt any family environment at GT. Every person at GT is getting paid including the players so “feelings” have no place. You either succeed or go somewhere else. No different than at any other college. I’ll be waving goodbye with a smile to anyone who hits the portal. I’m sure we’ll miss those contributions during 100-0 and 42-0 they made.

It's become painfully obvious that you revel in being a keyboard warrior showing no mercy/sympathy for others. You may think you sound tough, but most people would use a different turn of phrase to describe you. Caring for the emotional well being of players who sacrifice themselves for the viewing pleasure of fans is not weakness, it is kindness. You could use an infusion, as you seem lacking in basic human decency.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
A bunch of nothing. Let them all hit the portal. So we as GT alums are suppose to be worried about ”feelings” of people who got athletic scholarships for free admission into GT. And we are suppose to be worried about what their parents think? Come on man with that. Everyone in the college football world knew Collins was getting fired. And after we got smoked at home and then the debacle in Orlando yet they are upset they weren’t told first. Let them all portal out and take their parents with them. They brought nothing to GT except disappointment and they are the ones upset? This is bizarro world. And who ever said we have a family environment at GT? Is that something you have in your head? GT is a business and I’ve never felt any family environment at GT. Every person at GT is getting paid including the players so “feelings” have no place. You either succeed or go somewhere else. No different than at any other college. I’ll be waving goodbye with a smile to anyones who hits the portal. I’m sure we’ll miss those contributions during 100-0 and 42-0 they made.

What an embarrassingly bad take. So the players aren’t allowed to care or have feelings about someone who was their teacher, mentor, or potentially more being let go without even saying goodbye?

You really need to rethink about your mentality toward the players.

Man I had to delete most of what I was going to say to avoid being banned here.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
A few beers at Taco Mac, and I agree with SOWEGA. This season was the last for CGC. Abysmal performance let to an early demise. The "family" knew it was coming. You can complain about the timing, but the "family" knew what was coming.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
A few beers at Taco Mac, and I agree with SOWEGA. This season was the last for CGC. Abysmal performance let to an early demise. The "family" knew it was coming. You can complain about the timing, but the "family" knew what was coming.

The current complaints is only the timing/how it was done. The players understand the lack of wins.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
This is an awful post.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
How else, exactly was it SUPPOSED to be handled other than "You are fired for sucking"? Is this the Hallmark Channel or something? Or is it D1 FOOTBALL program with expectations that an incompetent coach can't handle?

What handling would the players have preferred?