Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
CE488822-66D8-4B90-B891-9E489F7FFF76.jpeg

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Met Stansbury and liked him. He was honest and open and forthright.
He did some good things, some very good things, at Tech.
But the Collins contract, and his public endorsement after season-ending implosion., was the millstone around his neck that sank him.

Never liked Collins. Never bought any of his schtick or gimmicks or sayings. He is a spineless, clueless, classless can't say it here because the mods are touchy but it rhymes with Crown.
And I may open a bottle of Crown to celebrate the end of his disastrous tenure. I'll say this for him. He's united the fan base like no coach in Tech history since maybe Ross. Except we all liked Ross.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
IMO, this is the most interesting part of the AJC writeup, and something no one has brought up:

Cabrera has installed senior Frank Neville, the institute’s senior vice president for strategic initiatives and chief of staff, as the interim athletic director. The interim football coach’s identity was not immediately known.

Cabrera isn't even staying inside the Athletic Department. He's going to the Institute level to temporarily replace Stansbury. Looks like Cabrera wants an "outside" perspective on what's really going on with the Athletic department, and wants an honest opinion...and someone not beholden to donors and the old "GT way". IMO, this is a VERY good development for GT athletics. There's about to be a sea change in our athletic department.

Here's more about Neville:

EDIT: Funny enough (or ironically), Neville spoke about "Leading during a crisis" once...welp...

I agree. I like this a lot

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, maybe. Could've gone to Long or Weinke, sort of like Clemson did with Dabo from WR coach. Hearing that Weinke is a future head coach. Could've seen what he could do. Doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, but not a huge Key fan.
Not a fan of any of them. Wasn't impressed by any of the new staff when their hires were announced initially, including this most recent offseason's, and haven't seen anything to change my mind.
When the new HC is hired, he needs to be able to completely clean house. Bring all in his own and new people.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I was a turnaround guy in my career. Often, when you did employee satisfaction surveys, most of them had really high scores and good things to say about previous management EVEN WHEN THEY WERE FAILING because there was no pressure to deliver results. Just have fun. And they did.

No, part of being on a team, any team is to compete ... successfully.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I was a turnaround guy in my career. Often, when you did employee satisfaction surveys, most of them had really high scores and good things to say about previous management EVEN WHEN THEY WERE FAILING because there was no pressure to deliver results. Just have fun. And they did.

No, part of being on a team, any team is to compete ... successfully.

Agreed. Can understand him being upset. Hopefully, he can get past it and start moving forward and working even harder. He's a great player and can do great things.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t mind if Key in interim. It’s temporary and honestly we should keep Long focused on just the offense. It’s been a mess and adding more to his plate could make it worse.