Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
And this surprises you how? He was a cringeworthy hire based on no criteria anyone could discern, even those who want Johnson out in the worst way, and achieved it; did truly stupid things on the sideline -- while there was a game going on --blamed it all on Paul Johnson since he had the temerity to recruit option type players, and must be howling where ever he is in Arizona, and proceeded to alienate almost every ACC head ball coach with this boasting and yowling about "culture". trying to steal a Dabo Swinney process but having no idea what it meant.

I fear the AD and he wannabe coach have wrecked Georgia Tech football for good. We need now to look at dropping down in classification to get a foothold. We certainly bring nothing to the ACC.
Chill out. Isn’t gonna happen.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
And this surprises you how? He was a cringeworthy hire based on no criteria anyone could discern, even those who want Johnson out in the worst way, and achieved it; did truly stupid things on the sideline -- while there was a game going on --blamed it all on Paul Johnson since he had the temerity to recruit option type players, and must be howling where ever he is in Arizona, and proceeded to alienate almost every ACC head ball coach with this boasting and yowling about "culture". trying to steal a Dabo Swinney process but having no idea what it meant.

I fear the AD and he wannabe coach have wrecked Georgia Tech football for good. We need now to look at dropping down in classification to get a foothold. We certainly bring nothing to the ACC.

nah. we've sucked bad before. have all the resources you need to be successful. just need the right leader and you'll be good. and maybe with no divisions, you won't have to play Clemson every season in the future.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally, I’m of the opinion that Collins believed in his process and 100% wanted to be successful.
I didnt particularly care for a some of it, but I sincerely believe he did what he thought was good for recruiting and believe he was striving to fix the things that were wrong.
But this is a results business that’s extremely easy for anyone to quantify in won/loss record and that’s why the contracts have the golden parachutes.
It was time to move on.
I have no hate for him.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
With ADTS history at GT, I would assume that he would just resign instead of being fired. a situation similar to ted roof. If that is the case, I would think he would do it without the need of the board meeting. I guess there is a chance that at the meeting they give him the chance to step down or be fired. I assume that he would have a feel for the temperature of the room and not put the board thru the difficult task of asking him to step down. I guess we will see in less than 24hrs
My experience when you have people that won't quit/ ask for a buyout despite the warnings, you hand them 2 letters- the resignation letter & the termination letter. Ask them which one they want to sign. Then the Board votes to accept. This isn't a show cause hearing where there's a chance of retention or exoneration, it's a formality to comply with the bylaws.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I’m of the opinion that Collins believed in his process and 100% wanted to be successful.
I didnt particularly care for a some of it, but I sincerely believe he did what he thought was good for recruiting and believe he was striving to fix the things that were wrong.
But this is a results business that’s extremely easy for anyone to quantify in won/loss record and that’s why the contracts have the golden parachutes.
It was time to move on.
I have no hate for him.
I have a different view, but I respect yours.

Geoff had no process. He said so. He was using Bobby Bowden's process. But Bowden had 50 friggin years of experience. Geoff had two. And not a good two.

I personally think he used Tech to make his life score. And he'll be playing golf at Dafuskie Island while the kids catch tadpoles. And laughing all the way to the bank.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have news to share regarding the AD search.
black and white please GIF

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
The first call will be made to Graham Neff regarding the AD position. He’s the current AD at clemson. Very good and highly thought of AD in the college world. The pitch will include things about coming home and running his own show. Neff doesn’t run the show at Clemson, Dabo does. Graham just has the AD title but Dabo runs everything.

MISSOURIJACKET

Georgia Tech Fan
It was time to move on.
I have no hate for him.
Reminded me a lot of Paul Hewitt’s last couple of years. Shot themselves in the foot each game, could not make in game adjustments, several blowout losses. It was frustrating to watch. Nice guy, believed in his system, couldn’t make the adjustments necessary.

JacketFan137

Banned
I have a different view, but I respect yours.

Geoff had no process. He said so. He was using Bobby Bowden's process. But Bowden had 50 friggin years of experience. Geoff had two. And not a good two.

I personally think he used Tech to make his life score. And he'll be playing golf at Dafuskie Island while the kids catch tadpoles. And laughing all the way to the bank.
idk i think he really cared about georgia tech but wasn’t a good coach. not sure that he used us with the intention of scamming us. he would make WAYYYY more money if he was good and winning so i highly doubt he’s happy right now