Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We firing Key in a couple years at 5-7?

Yeah. I think this rebuild is going to be massive for whoever comes in so 5-7 or maybe 6-6 in three years is the realistic goal. I think you hire a guy who can get you there and then move on to a guy who can take the next step in 2026-2027. I said in the game chat that its pretty telling the best LB is a Paul Johnson recruit, the best DB is a Paul Johnson recruit, the best RB is a Paul Johnson recruit with both backups are both 5th year transfers, the second best receiver is a Paul Johnson recruit. Collins whiffed hard on so many guys. We are in trouble going forward unless the next guy absolute gets hits with transfers. If Sims transfers like a lot of people seem to believe then I'm not sure we have a backup who has had any snaps and the the entire RB depth chart will be new. TE depth is a huge issue too as we didn't take any out of highschool last class and of the two we took the year before Blackburn has been MIA and I'm not sure if he's ever going to play. Billy Ward from the 2020 class hasn't caught a pass yet and is in year 3.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah. I think this rebuild is going to be massive for whoever comes in so 5-7 or maybe 6-6 in three years is the realistic goal. I think you hire a guy who can get you there and then move on to a guy who can take the next step in 2026-2027. I said in the game chat that its pretty telling the best LB is a Paul Johnson recruit, the best DB is a Paul Johnson recruit, the best RB is a Paul Johnson recruit with both backups are both 5th year transfers, the second best receiver is a Paul Johnson recruit. Collins whiffed hard on so many guys. We are in trouble going forward unless the next guy absolute gets hits with transfers. If Sims transfers like a lot of people seem to believe then I'm not sure we have a backup who has had any snaps and the the entire RB depth chart will be new. TE depth is a huge issue too as we didn't take any out of highschool last class and of the two we took the year before Blackburn has been MIA and I'm not sure if he's ever going to play. Billy Ward from the 2020 class hasn't caught a pass yet and is in year 3.
With the benefit of the transfer portal, no rebuild should take more than 2-3 years. You'll know if you hit on a good coach by then or not.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Collins out officially , Todd potentially next

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Collins out officially , Todd potentially next
I thought ‘official’ as well, but the school has said nothing, so I don’t think it’s fair to say official. Still verifies the rumor a bit though.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not so fast. The AD is supposed to relieve the coach of his duties. Is this suggesting the Board did? If the Board moved a date up by 2 weeks, then yes ... TStan is out as AD.

I could see a role for him in Development and it always sucks to let a loyal employee go in their 50s. His ego may get the better of him and he'll quit to become AD at Troy or Cleveland State.
Scenario that makes sense to me is President says to TStan you are relieving Collins of his duties. Join the board on Monday as we are discussing your future at Tech.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Not real sure where Sims is going to go unless it’s a step down to a G5 or FCS team. Sims situation is light years from the Gibbs scenario. I was hoping to try out another QB, but I assumed G****** made CCL keep him in. Lastly, can we now say B*** L****** or is it still forbidden?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Geoff collins is out!!

Geoff Collins out as Georgia Tech coach, Todd Stansbury likely out as AD

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I guess we can't really start a new thread on Collins being out / Brent key era beginning until the school officially makes a statement?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Not real sure where Sims is going to go unless it’s a step down to a G5 or FCS team. Sims situation is light years from the Gibbs scenario. I was hoping to try out another QB, but I assumed G****** made CCL keep him in. Lastly, can we now say B*** L****** or is it still forbidden?
Sims can still redshirt too.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he goes to a P5 program. His body language and the way he shies away from contact kind of tell me he is checked out and basically trying to not get hurt this season so he can leave. He has enough upside that someone will take a flier on him if nothing else. We can dump on him all we want, and I have done my fair share of it, but his good plays are really freaking good. Someone is going to see that and think they can fix him.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We can dump on him all we want, and I have done my fair share of it, but his good plays are really freaking good. Someone is going to see that and think they can fix him.
I feel bad for the kid having Patenaude as a qb coach for 2 years. I still think a good qb coach can unleash his potential. His highs are really high.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
No.

But it does mean people get to pretend for 2 months we'll land a splash hire. So I guess it's a good 3 million spent.
Button Do Not Want GIF