Stansbury Already Doing Work

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
How about building this "Chop House" type section in the northwest corner with access from both lower stands. That corner doesn't connect very well and kinda needs something. Or better yet connect both the lower AND upper sections through this "Sweetwater Buzz Zone", turning that corner into a crossroads of the stadium rather than a "dead" area.

On campus and Syracuse is a private university. WVU sells beer and they're public.

From January 2016
BeerMap.png

http://footballscoop.com/news/map-of-the-college-football-stadiums-where-you-can-buy-beer/
Thanks

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
How about building this "Chop House" type section in the northwest corner with access from both lower stands. That corner doesn't connect very well and kinda needs something. Or better yet connect both the lower AND upper sections through this "Sweetwater Buzz Zone", turning that corner into a crossroads of the stadium rather than a "dead" area.
It could be called The Yellow Jackets Nest:cool:

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the problem here is a supply/demand problem... too many seats, can't create demand. Fans buy $10 scalped tickets, I basically buy season tickets because i want GT to succeed and I am happy to give them money. Not because it is a deal.

Anything that gets rid of seats is a good idea to me... get rid of the south end zone seats, too much student ticket supply. Create student ticket demand, fill those seats in the lower north endzone make more students care about football and become fans. When they graduate they would feel more compelled to buy season tickets.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anybody else feel like that is really stretching the definition of "Park"?

Well yeah but doesn't everybody already know the history there? The land was given to the school under the stipulation that it had to be used for a park. Tech needed a parking deck on east campus, so they devised this "park" on top of the deck idea to get around the mandate. Pretty sure everyone hears that story during your first pre-orientation campus tour.

But anyway east campus needs that parking deck, so it's not going anywhere unless they raze a bunch of frat houses.

Well yeah but doesn't everybody already know the history there? The land was given to the school under the stipulation that it had to be used for a park. Tech needed a parking deck on east campus, so they devised this "park" on top of the deck idea to get around the mandate. Pretty sure everyone hears that story during your first pre-orientation campus tour.

But anyway east campus needs that parking deck, so it's not going anywhere unless they raze a bunch of frat houses.
It was still an actual park when I was in school. I think there are probably other possibilities that could at least be explored for east campus parking.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer

And, a nice swimming pool in bottom whenever it rained...

I didn't hear the story during first tour...it was not there then ;)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Gt doesnt sell alcohol. The club seats each person gets two free drinks. They dont sell beer or wine.

Imo thats the issue with the club section. Its sold out. But people are under the stadium drinking and watching the game on tv.

So now we want to create another section that does that.

This isnt about improving the bds atmosphere. Its about making money and actually the atmosphere will suffer.

For me. I am not a fan. I used to push drad to get rid of the tvs in the club section to force folks to the seats. He just couldn't pull the trigger. Even though he agreed. He felt it would be too much a shock.

Listen its easy folks. Remove tvs in club section. Allow alcohol sales in the WHOLE stadium. Then the novelty of alcohol is gone and people dont feel so special; that erodes and people simply return to their seats. Having been a gold seat holder for years; i can tell you for a fact how many people sit under the stadium and act like they rock cuz they get two free drinks lol. Its sad actually

Animal02

Banned
Does anybody else feel like that is really stretching the definition of "Park"?
Just being snarky wrt Clyde Robbins. Could not stand him when I was there. Which reminds me of the best prank I say at Tech.......Clyde had a huge model of the center of campus built to promote his vision, it sat in the Student Center encase in plexiglass. Some creative students overnight TP'd all the trees in the model.....In correct scale.

Animal02

Banned
I think the problem here is a supply/demand problem... too many seats, can't create demand. Fans buy $10 scalped tickets, I basically buy season tickets because i want GT to succeed and I am happy to give them money. Not because it is a deal.

Anything that gets rid of seats is a good idea to me... get rid of the south end zone seats, too much student ticket supply. Create student ticket demand, fill those seats in the lower north endzone make more students care about football and become fans. When they graduate they would feel more compelled to buy season tickets.
I do not get the "too much student ticket supply". It seems there are far fewer students attending than when I was there with a much smaller enrollment. Students would will the East from about the 25-30 yd line both upper and lower to the endzone and then overflow into the original north stands. Then there was also the flash card section.... and the Rat wooden bleachers on the track. It is not too many tickets...,but not enough students attending the games.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
I do not get the "too much student ticket supply". It seems there are far fewer students attending than when I was there with a much smaller enrollment. Students would will the East from about the 25-30 yd line both upper and lower to the endzone and then overflow into the original north stands. Then there was also the flash card section.... and the Rat wooden bleachers on the track. It is not too many tickets...,but not enough students attending the games.
Not enough students attending games to me is the same thing as too many student seats. It's the same supply demand problem.

I have no idea about how many seats were along the sideline but the south stands are overkill. Blow it up, put in a shaded party pavilion

Animal02

Banned
Not enough students attending games to me is the same thing as too many student seats. It's the same supply demand problem.

I have no idea about how many seats were along the sideline but the sout stands are overkill. Blow it up, put in a shaded party pavilion
They need to get more students in those seats....Which will increase interest down the road. Decreasing seats available to under 50k would be foolish. Removing the north stands that are only 20 years old would be just as foolish. Put visitors in the upper north.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see Stansbury thinking outside the box.
But if it means reducing stadium seating capacity, not sure that's a good thing.
Reducing stadium size seems to always send out the wrong message, especially recruiting-wise.
And I think it would be cost prohibitive to take away seats in the North Endzone, where this would seem to work best, and reconfigure them in the South Endzone.