Stansbury added to Playoff Committee

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We eshould lobby him to push for expansion to at least 8 teams. Teams like GT or Oregon State or UCF will never make it in otherwise. Those teams deserve a shot. Think back to our last Orange Bowl team...that was a dangerous team that any playoff team would worry about facing. But it would never get an invite...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We eshould lobby him to push for expansion to at least 8 teams. Teams like GT or Oregon State or UCF will never make it in otherwise. Those teams deserve a shot. Think back to our last Orange Bowl team...that was a dangerous team that any playoff team would worry about facing. But it would never get an invite...
As long as GT did not have any embarrassing losses, winning the conference would almost guarantee a spot. Zero, one or even two losses, if they’re close losses to quality opponents, would still get us in.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
From the outside looking in, did any of the three losers have an enjoyable season?
I’m all for the playoffs, but would hate to be on the losing end.
I think making the Playoffs even if you lose would make it an enjoyable season..................................................................................just sayin';)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
From the outside looking in, did any of the three losers have an enjoyable season?

Would u rather have a shot as the 4th team and potentially lose or have no shot in the old 2 team system but win your bowl.

Please the answer is easy. Any good team and competitor just wants a chance. This thing needs to go to 8.

Making a playoff is a win in itself

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Ummm, I would kill to have the season that UGA just had. Win at ND, beat everyone in your division, win the conference title, win an epic Rose Bowl, and play for the national championship in your hometown. Yeah, I’d take that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As long as GT did not have any embarrassing losses, winning the conference would almost guarantee a spot. Zero, one or even two losses, if they’re close losses to quality opponents, would still get us in.
Disagree. Asl the Big XII and Pac Ten if two loss champions get invites......(heck, even one loss champs can be excluded, base don past history)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I give prez a hard time but he has quietly moved up in the ncaa board of governors. I think he is the head guy.

For ANY schools ( beside the mega power 5 schools in the south) to have a good chance at the 4 playoff spots, the ncaa will have to reign in the spending on staff.
For examplle Clem, ala, auburn, osu and a few others have a designated guy to keep the head coach off the field to avoid penalty
If the other power 5 schools revolt after clem, ala, and another sec school gets is in 2018 final , it will greatly help gt long term . We play 2 of these mega power 5 teams every year.
While ourrecent efforts passi ng a cup for recruiting, gettijng rid of russell, new locker room, will bring us closer to even (limited courses of study and calculus requirment for all majors remains) with the coastal it will not bring us close to clem or uga.
Sure in 18 our senior ladened team will do better against the uga team that was loaded w seniors in 17. They reload w freshman and sophs that are really ready in a year .
Let's hope prez and make long term in roads.
GO BUD!
This Bud's for you!

Deleted member 2897

I can just see it now.

"In the CFP Committee's first vote of the season, Alabama was voted #1 in unanimous fashion. #2 was still undefeated Clemson. #3 was still undefeated Oklahoma. And #4 was still undefeated Miami. But in a strange occurance, 7-3 Georgia Tech got 1 vote for the #4 spot."

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I really hope people don’t think TStan being appt. to this along the same lines some did when the College HoF was moved to the ATL. I remember some thinking that would mean the HoF would be full of almost nothing but GT gear for sale.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Disagree. Asl the Big XII and Pac Ten if two loss champions get invites......(heck, even one loss champs can be excluded, base don past history)
I said close losses to quality opponents. If we lost twice by one score to Clemson, FSU, ND, etc. Getting in with two losses is far fetched, I admit, but it would depend on circumstances. My point is the ACC is nolonger the punchline it used to be. Up until last season, it was regarded even with the SEC. The ACC has the talent to cycle back to the top spot, but even as #2, there's enough respect given to not leave out it's champion unless some very atypical scenario accompanies it.