Stanford Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

"I really wish Stanford would disappear."

They are disappearing themselves. They only have 6 commits so far in this class, half of whom were made in 2015 from folks who are still taking visits and looking around (4* Sione Lund for example is going through several official visits with folks like UCLA. 4* Osiris St. Brown is visiting Notre Dame and others). If they had to count commits as only the folks who are pretty serious and not actively pursuing other schools, they'd have like 3 or 4 recruits, have about 400 Rivals points, and be ranked about 90th nationally. They have no hype, energy, or momentum right now. Nobody else needs to commit over there. Its not the place to be.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
"I really wish Stanford would disappear."

They are disappearing themselves. They only have 6 commits so far in this class, half of whom were made in 2015 from folks who are still taking visits and looking around (4* Sione Lund for example is going through several official visits with folks like UCLA. 4* Osiris St. Brown is visiting Notre Dame and others). If they had to count commits as only the folks who are pretty serious and not actively pursuing other schools, they'd have like 3 or 4 recruits, have about 400 Rivals points, and be ranked about 90th nationally. They have no hype, energy, or momentum right now. Nobody else needs to commit over there. Its not the place to be.
Stanford always starts slow in recruiting because of their admissions process.

Deleted member 2897

Stanford always starts slow in recruiting because of their admissions process.
I went back 7 years, and at this point in the year Stanford had the following commits (according to Rivals):
2015: 11
2014: 9
2013: 14
2012: 5 (finished with a class of 12, ranked in the mid 60s)
2011: 10
2010: 16
2009: 11
2008: 11

So 6 at this point is well below average for them...they have just over half the commits they usually have by this point.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Stanford will likely be mentioned anytime we go head to head for a recruit with them. I'm curious as to the desire to avoid mention of them. Can't say I get it.

Get mad cause Standford recruits the same kids GT does?

I don't care if they're mentioned as a recruiting opponent. What's tiresome is the debate over Stanfords recruiting prowess hijacking a kids thread. There are posts up there detailing Stanford recruiting that have nothing to do with this threads topic. I don't mind debating Stanford, my point is that this thread isn't the place for that debate.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
6 Days till Kickoff and you guys are more worried about Stanford than GT. Guess that's why we can't sell out games. :whistle:
I'm not worried about Stanford at all, I'm proving that it is easy to set up a thread. People are always asking to start a new thread for certain topics instead of just doing it.

I don't care if they're mentioned as a recruiting opponent. What's tiresome is the debate over Stanfords recruiting prowess hijacking a kids thread. There are posts up there detailing Stanford recruiting that have nothing to do with this threads topic. I don't mind debating Stanford, my point is that this thread isn't the place for that debate.
Isn't that what this thread is? After all it is called "The Stanford Thread". I agree that other threads are regularly hijacked by comments about Stanford, but whoever opened this thread apparently wanted it actually to be a thread for discussing Stanford. What more do you want?