Stacey Poole gone

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
The last CBG extension was to cover recruiting this 2015 class. If we don't see some good results on that front before signing day, I would hope we wouldn't see another extension before wins are put on the board.

Agree there is no fault left on the Paul Hewitt front. We either have the money to pay up or not. Right now, I'd say we don't, but that's changing every day as we near the point where the Hewitt payments become fewer.

That said, even if we had no coaching salary overhang, I remain unconvinced that we would pay in excess of $1.5MM - $1.75MM for a Head Coach, even though higher numbers are quickly becoming the norm for a good ACC coach.

i just dont quite agree...

until we have paid phewitt off it is still on him. what do you think prevented us from having enough money to go after a brighter coach? who do you think we are still paying off preventing us from ending this experiment early and going after a brighter coach now? aint coach gregory.

coach gregory is a guy caught in the middle trying to do his best while many had him fired from the get go.

until we finish paying him off phewitt still owns part of this problem imo. hell we are now just recovering from what phewitt did to our academic integrity.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i just dont quite agree...

until we have paid phewitt off it is still on him. what do you think prevented us from having enough money to go after a brighter coach? who do you think we are still paying off preventing us from ending this experiment early and going after a brighter coach now? aint coach gregory.

coach gregory is a guy caught in the middle trying to do his best while many had him fired from the get go.

until we finish paying him off phewitt still owns part of this problem imo. hell we are now just recovering from what phewitt did to our academic integrity.

Nope. Hewitt doesn't own any of this problem. All he did was make a smart business decision to take the money being paid to him.

Dave Braine owns this problem because he gave Hewitt that contract.

DRad owns this problem because he was too busy fundraising for facilities, treating the actual hoops team as a second rate citizen by not seeking more resources to hire a "brighter coach". Let's not even get me started on that fool.

BG owns part of the problem because at this point the entire team is composed of his players, his coaching staff, his results.

Paul Hewitt's problem is getting less than desired results at George Mason.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Nope. Hewitt doesn't own any of this problem. All he did was make a smart business decision to take the money being paid to him.

Dave Braine owns this problem because he gave Hewitt that contract.

DRad owns this problem because he was too busy fundraising for facilities, treating the actual hoops team as a second rate citizen by not seeking more resources to hire a "brighter coach". Let's not even get me started on that fool.

BG owns part of the problem because at this point the entire team is composed of his players, his coaching staff, his results.

Paul Hewitt's problem is getting less than desired results at George Mason.
If half the team is transfers and walk ons do they still count as his players?