Spring Training 2021

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Cochran is already on campus and participating in spring practice. According to Ken S. at the AJC there are 3 spots that are pretty locked in on the oline: Cochran, Johnson, and Williams. If Kirby is good enough to supplant either Cochran or Williams then we should see a huge jump in tackle play next season. I am putting my money on Williams and Cochran holding their spots. I believe Cooper is a full participant in practice and battling for the starting center spot.
Pretty sure Cooper is still speed but injury based on some reports I’ve seen.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It sounds like Austin Smith is finally beginning to show some signs of getting on the field. Good to hear. I think Cooper may decide to forgo this coming season if he is injured again. He has had a tough time staying healthy the last few years. Ideally we need at least 3 in the rotation at Tackle and Guard and 2 in the rotation at Center. The key is for this group to develop an attitude of domination and a relentless ability to move the line of scrimmage in our favor. Have yet to see that out of this group and unless we do, things will not change in terms of our offensive performance.

Go Jackets!

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
That is tough along with Keion. Almost need another linebacker transfer (experienced). Hope Franks can bulk up by the season.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Keion White? What happened to him?

Broke his leg in non-football injury. Can't really say what the timeline will be, depends on the particulars of the break. He transfers in the fall. I don't expect him to be up to speed right away. Thankfully we have depth at DE.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We seem to be cursed at the linebacker position. Just can't have a good defense without an outstanding linebacker to lead the attack. I'm hoping somebody rises up and takes that role. Got to have that alpha dog!

Go Jackets!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Looks like we have added another Walk-on? Spring Practice/Training tryout?
Will be preferred for the Fall Roster….

Archives for 2021 Recruiting is closed for posting. Didn’t want to start a new thread.