Spring Training 2021

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Sounds like Malachi and Sanders are at the top of the rotation with Kyric in the slot. Seems to me they want Carter to step up and take that top spot. I know he has the ability but he has to find a way to stop those easy drops. Because we have seen him go up and make ridiculous catches right after. Exciting to see if he can make that next step! If not, I think Mr. Blackburn when he steps on campus will be quickly making his rise up the depth chart.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We have a lot of growth in front of us for our recievers. Same for TE’s, OLine, and QB. The RB’s are pretty solid so not a lot of room for growth. I’m optimistic simply because we’ve been so bad. The WR’s looked pretty decent against FSU in game 1 then it seemed like it went downhill. Camp was fairly dependable. I think the true freshmen can easily push for PT at the WR position. Now, whether PNut will play them is another thing. I’m already worried about PNut playing the upper class men who are pedestrian and then the young bucks hit the portal. That would be horrendous. But, none of it matters if the OLine isn’t competent and Sims doesn’t progress. This is a huge year to show the last 2 years was part of a plan.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like Malachi and Sanders are at the top of the rotation with Kyric in the slot. Seems to me they want Carter to step up and take that top spot. I know he has the ability but he has to find a way to stop those easy drops. Because we have seen him go up and make ridiculous catches right after. Exciting to see if he can make that next step! If not, I think Mr. Blackburn when he steps on campus will be quickly making his rise up the depth chart.
Was Malachi cursed with drops last year? I don't really remember him having trouble bringing in well-placed passes.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Was Malachi cursed with drops last year? I don't really remember him having trouble bringing in well-placed passes.
He was actually 100% in the endzone.

He did struggle with hauling in routine passes time to time. If he can clean up that and have strong but soft hands he will be deadly.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
At practice today and impressed with Chayden Peery's passing. OL appears to be better, especially pass protection. Some of the kids on defense seem to have more ability than I've seen in a while. Have no idea whether we will be any good or not as a team. As someone mentioned, may be better but the schedule is murderous.