Spring Training 2021

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
No ones year counted last year.

Right. They are listed as such. I would maybe suggest the language "freshman" for those that were here last year (whether or not they played, since there were no redshirts regardless) and "true freshman" for those who just came from HS. "Redshirt freshman" would mean they are in their 3rd year, and the shirt was used in 2019.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Right. They are listed as such. I would maybe suggest the language "freshman" for those that were here last year (whether or not they played, since there were no redshirts regardless) and "true freshman" for those who just came from HS. "Redshirt freshman" would mean they are in their 3rd year, and the shirt was used in 2019.
Maybe in true Tech fashion we should drop the typical distinctions and call them 1st years, 2nd years, 3rd years, etc because no one is done in 4. Its similar to not going by credit hours like we shouldn't go by eligibility years.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve enjoyed the new aspects Collins has brought. But, none of this matters moving forward. Collins team simply has to perform better on the field. It’s all about performance moving forward. We have 3 tests in a row - don’t lose to a sub standard opponent in weeks 1 and 2 and then look like a D1 team against Clemson. What we saw way too many times last season was a complete dumpster fire. And the first play of the Pitt game was just par for the course. That can’t happen this year.
Agreed - all the personal opinions re: numbers, ATL list, etc... matter not relative to performance of the team on the field. I personally like the new culture Collins has instilled but if we continue to see the repeated mental/discipline errors in the form of so many self-inflicted penalties, the fan base will wane... He's got to figure out how to balance the new high-energy culture with on-field discipline...

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I’ve enjoyed the new aspects Collins has brought. But, none of this matters moving forward. Collins team simply has to perform better on the field. It’s all about performance moving forward. We have 3 tests in a row - don’t lose to a sub standard opponent in weeks 1 and 2 and then look like a D1 team against Clemson. What we saw way too many times last season was a complete dumpster fire. And the first play of the Pitt game was just par for the course. That can’t happen this year.
Exactly my thoughts. The list of excuses why we are NOT showing consistent improvement is getting shorter by the day.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe in true Tech fashion we should drop the typical distinctions and call them 1st years, 2nd years, 3rd years, etc because no one is done in 4. Its similar to not going by credit hours like we shouldn't go by eligibility years.
You'd still have to have some additional information. For example, Jeff Sims is a 2nd year true freshman. I'm pretty sure Jordan Yates is a 3rd year redshirt freshman.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure if version players are targeted for single digits by the staff, but there has been precedent that you're supposed to apply for and justify why you deserve a single digit. That suggests Gibbs' choice was the factor here. Who can be upset about that? Unless someone was specifically following our program, would you expect them to attach to Calvin and Dwyer? Remember Calvin had to switch to 81 for the Lions per NFL number rules.

One side effect is that Gibbs and Yeh can't be side by side on KO returns.

When I said I liked him in #21 I wasn’t even really thinking about it Being a legacy number from Calvin, Dwyer.
I just though it looked good on him., and just fit him. More of a personal preference on my part.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
excited lets go GIF

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Always selling...he never stops promoting the 404 and Georgia Tech. If I were a college president and Geoff were available, I would hire him to do nothing but talk to alumni and donors. He would have them eating out of his hand and opening up the checkbooks in a New York minute. Of course, he is at his best talking up all things Tech.