Spring Rolls are not Egg Rolls

Milwaukee

Banned
Spring rolls have a much thinner wrap and usually aren't deep fried. It's my mission to bring this to the forefront. #WeWantOurEggrolls

It actually bothers me more than people calling chicken nuggets "boneless wings".

:)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I personally LOVE spring rolls and dislike egg rolls, so I agree with the OP that words matter!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Spring rolls are good. Chinese restaurant egg roles are nasty. My mother in law’s Vietnamese fried egg roles are to die for. Thinner overall, thinner wrap, less veggies packed inside, more meat. Just damn good.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why people are randomly bringing up Chinese food in a thread that apparently has no actual author—but while we're on the topic, I went out to get some Thai the other night at one of my local go-to restaurants, and boy, do they have some fantastic spring rolls...you know, the kind with the steamed rice paper wrapping, not the deep-fried egg-roll imposters.

;)

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
My wife cooked for Chinese families in Taiwan & Canada for about 13 years and makes some of the best spring rolls I've ever had. She's not a fan of egg rolls though or anything else deep fried.
Will trade fresh Jalapeno Pepperjack Venison Summer sausage from the buck I killed in December for them Sprang rolls.....